charging system problem

Long story short I have had two ejk fuel tuners fail in a very short amount of time. Ejk admitted to getting some bad harnesses and claim that is what has caused the failure. After the second one failed I went for a quick ride and the low volts was flashing. The ski was making 13 ish volts until it was under load then dropped to 10 ish volts. Now on the trailer it will show 10 and creep up to around 12.3.

Up to this point I have pulled the battery and charged and checked it. It tested good. I oh med the three green wires to the red wire and the regulator connector. All three tested even. Can't remember the exact reading but I want to say it was around 6k ohms. Assuming that rest passed the stator because of what I have read on here I ordered a new regulator. With that installed there was no change.

Is it possible that the failing ejk shorted something electronic causing the ski to not charge? I intend to do some more testing this weekend. Any advice on next steps?

Ski is an 08 gp1300r.

I have a stator in the housing if you need it. Just PM me as im not going to be keeping an eye on this thread. Leave offer shipped in PM.

With a battery tester hooked to the battery I am getting 14 plus volts. It's looking like the charging system is functioning as it should. The cluster is still only reading 12 volts though. Any thoughts?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the cluster needs calibration..might be possible on a yam..sniff around you might find it.

Check the voltage at the cluster itself..maybe a bad bit of wire.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    the cluster needs calibration..might be possible on a yam..sniff around you might find it.

Check the voltage at the cluster itself..maybe a bad bit of wire.
    Could be as simple as a bad connection at the harness plug. Kinda unrelated, but My fishfinder is very sensitive to moisture/corrosion at the plug, and the voltage reading is one of the first things I notice when it needs attention.

I checked all of the plugs going to the cluster. No corrosion or any out of the ordinary issues. The main plug with three wires has 14 volts one one pin a good ground on another and I think three volts on the third. It's looking like there is an issue in the cluster. I'm going to take it for a ride now and see if it's still doing it.

Thread Information