Space coast, FL (Brevard County)

Drain Neck assembly loose

A couple of months ago, I was rinsing the ski after a ride and when I attempted to unscrew the drain plug (pn 292001352), the entire drain neck assembly (pn 292001315) came out.

Apparently, the drain neck assembly and bushing (pn 292001371) which I assume acts as a sort of retainer nut located on the interior of the hull had become disconnected.

Of course, it's the drain on the port side (IBR actuator side) of the ski . The drain is under the IBR actuator and there's no way I can find to get to that bushing to hold it in place while I tighten the drain neck. (Other than removing the IBR actuator - PITA) Kinda like trying to tighten a bolt with a nut, but you can't hold the nut in place; it never really tightens all the way.

I have tightened it as much as I can, but that still left a small gap between the drain neck and hull, which results in a sizable leak.

What I have done as a band aid is to apply some Clear RTV Silicone Adhesive Sealant to act as a sort of thick gasket. I injected it between the drain neck and hull as much as possible and then applied a coating around the drain neck as well.

After 3-4 rides, it seems to be holding well, but it always leaves me worried and I would rather fix it right.

Any one have any ideas on how to access the bushing under the IBR actuator, or other ideas to get it all tightened?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	344445  
    Last edited by Xspook; 10-18-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Space coast, FL (Brevard County)

Rode last weekend and still holding well. Even got about 6-8 feet of air at Sebastian inlet, FL.

Thread Information