Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SEIZED 2011 rxt-260 40-hrs bone stock ADVICE SOUGHT suggestions?

Hello guy's/gal's,

I've been a member here for a while but not very active. Used Jerry to replace the ceramic washer in my old 215.

In 2012 I bought a 2011 RXT-260 from the original owner, it had 10-hrs on it when I got it. he's a neighbor of mine at the lake. I've had the ski winterized (in 2012, 2013) at the same dealer he bought it new. He purchased the ski late July 2011 time chain recall in August 2011 (not sure exactly when). The recall has NOT been done.

3-weeks ago, last run of the year before pulling out the ski it seized. I did pull the valve cover and its NOT the chain thankfully? compression showed 90# on all 3 but it hardly turns over...lead me to think either pump housing or lower end of motor. plugs are not all beat up and look good. there were NO alarms on dash when it seized.

I brought it to a dealer 2.5-hrs away that is much more reputable than my local one. it bothers me the recall hasn't been done after being there (local dealer) twice to winterize as well as had them program a key. not once did they mention the recall prior to any of this. Then after it seized I specifically asked about any recalls (knowing from the other dealer there was one that wasn't done) and my local dealer said nothing came up.... Hence the 2.5hr drive! and this wasn't the first problem with my local dealer...

I am very mechanical myself, rebuilt many of toy's/vehicles. I brought it to a dealer with hopes that since the ski only has 40-hrs and is bone stock that i may have some recourse to sea doo. I didn't want to dig into it if it was something the dealer would be able to help with. If it was the pump housing then the labor would've been cheap. If it were something major i probably would want the dealer to fix it anyway. BUT the dealer did pull the pump housing and it still hardly turns over.

So, the dealer called the other day and said they didn't want to pull the motor and split the case until early next year. (They are a huge ski-doo / sea-doo dealer, so this is beginning peak sled season and they winterize hundreds of ski's). The owner called and said that its a couple day's of work and they may be able to work it in this winter depending on the snow season.

What do you guy's think? I'm more upset this thing has 40-hrs on it and this happened. Do i contact sea doo now or do i wait until the dealer can diagnose it fully? These things aren't like the old GP1200's and JS550's of the day. These are $14K+ toys that are fuel injected 4-strokes. I don't even know what to think. Last year when it was winterized it had 34-hrs on it, so this summer only added 6-hrs!!! oil smells, looks and is just a clear as ever! The dealer did say he will call sea doo on my behalf and give me all the information to call. I wanted to vent i guess.

Thanks for any advice or personal experience's,

Marc

+1
    How did you do a compression test on a siezed motor? if the motor turning over it's noit seized, Did you check all the electrical connections? battery voltage? grounds? could be any of them or even the starter.

Check all that first then report back.

+1

it's tight, it hardly turns over. I'd consider it seized. it's not electrical. spun bearing, supercharger bearing, cam bearing etc. it locked up when I let off the gas on the lake. I'm not an idiot.

do you think if it was electrical it would prevent the motor from spinning freely when the pump housing was removed? seriously? read between the lines. so because I said seized it shouldn't turn at all? read the paragraph that starts "3-weeks ago" I stated it hardly turns over and I'm thinking bearing somewhere. originally I was thinking pump housing.

+1
    Nobody called you a idiot! SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT, NEXT TIME DONT ASK FOR SUGGESTIONS!!!

I guess im not into the little cartoon guy's with hands on their heads. I'm not a kid. if you read my post you would see that I said it turns over barley and after removing the pump housing it still doesn't turn over any easier. (I maybe should have added "by hand" to that). so no it's not electrical.

I used to be on boards before. I built a turbo busa and was on suzukihayabusa.org superkaos.com etc. everyone is quick to judge. the little emoticon is ridiculous, if you don't have any input don't bother. (not directed at you beechfront)

Quote Originally Posted by BEECHFRONT View Post
    Nobody called you a idiot! SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT, NEXT TIME DONT ASK FOR SUGGESTIONS!!!

+1
    I did not have any useful info share
    but I now have some
    flywheel bolts!
    and your mag may look like spaghetti
    not good info but better than a melted rod bearing

+1
    Most people here, myself included assume if someone says "seized" its locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by thebull350 View Post
    I guess im not into the little cartoon guy's with hands on their heads. I'm not a kid. if you read my post you would see that I said it turns over barley and after removing the pump housing it still doesn't turn over any easier. (I maybe should have added "by hand" to that). so no it's not electrical.

I used to be on boards before. I built a turbo busa and was on suzukihayabusa.org superkaos.com etc. everyone is quick to judge. the little emoticon is ridiculous, if you don't have any input don't bother. (not directed at you beechfront)

Quote Originally Posted by BEECHFRONT View Post
    Well I'm calling you an idiot ! Because there's a huge difference between seized and turns over slow and high resistance when trying to turn over by hand ... But I guess you knew that ...

If you have been on here that such a long time as you noted and actually read the technical threads you would realize there are a lot of intelligent people on here that would give you honest advise so if these are the antics you want to use go somewhere else ..!

jtrudel:
    so again, I did state it turns over slowly. I've been on here a long time as you reminded me, but as i'll remind you. read. I said I haven't been very active on here at all. I know theres a ton a knowledge, that's why I'm here. I know it cant be diagnosed on the internet. I also stated it's more the fact this thing has 40-hrs on it and I'm dealing with a seized motor. (or partially seized to clarify).

and again, you show nothing to add but yet can comment? who has this amount of time? you say your sticking up for someone else? chris made a productive comment after I was an A**. and I appreciate his response. I should have been more clear in my first post but there's a ton of crap to write. I tried to post most of the facts

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information