2014 fzs svho - information australia

Own 2014 fzs svho looking to find some answers and any common faults,
    paint flaking bottom hull - had that done warranty
    also heard of chain problems? Could any1 shed a light on this- if any bulletins out for this? My ski got 28hours on it not problem with yet, but rather find sooner than later
    feels like I have a harsh vibration through ski on 3000rpm - 4000rpm
    any1 no the service intervals 10 and 50, is it 6months or 12months
    if any1 could share information or help me out would be great or should I just get in touch with yamaha

+1
    Hey mate, got the FX SVHO, had my paint done as well under warranty, great job, all good... the bit that was peeling actually smaller than my little finger...

Now, I've got less hours than you (colder climate!), the cam chain thing sits at the back of my mind, though haven't heard of any here in a Oz, from the accounts I've read on this site where it has happened it seems to happen earlier in the life of the ski... so as time goes on it may be even less of a concern? I might be naive, but it would be nice to think the first batch we got over here (I bought mine as soon as they were available) came from a group that won't have the issue. I hammer mine, it runs sweet and hard...

I've found that the supercharged motors do tend to vibrate a bit thru that rpm range, particularly coming down, interestingly my SHO did it more than this one, might vary a bit from ski to ski. Always assumed it was a bit if incipient surge, mixed with resonance at a rarely visited rpm, maybe one of the gurus on this site can shed a bit more light.

Haven't heard of any other issues. Pretty sure it's 12 months, 50 hours for the super skis... manual is up in the shed...

Thanx for the reply
    yh well I hope I don't have problems like that,
    next service I will do I will query it and the vibration and ask them to test
    other than that I'm impressed how hard they go

+1
    can i ask what you guys payed for ya skis? dealer here wants almost 22k for a fzs, im tossing up wether to get a 2014 or stay and get a 2015, my fzr has 137hrs on it now and been fualtless, hope the new ones are the same

Quote Originally Posted by stig0000 View Post
    can i ask what you guys payed for ya skis? dealer here wants almost 22k for a fzs, im tossing up wether to get a 2014 or stay and get a 2015, my fzr has 137hrs on it now and been fualtless, hope the new ones are the same

2014 fzr $12900 out the door

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fallsjetski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stig0000 View Post

2014 fzr $12900 out the door
    stig0000 is in Oz, so US pricing would be different. Just saying.

+1
    I paid 22.5k, FX SVHO on trailer, all rego's, and of course the three year warranty is standard. I pre ordered before they landed so no discount off RRP...

I'll get in first, might seem way too much to guys in USA, but the last three ski's I've had easy opportunity to import but chose not too. Numbers like this:

At time of purchase SVHO just released, my research showed US MSRP approx $14.2K. Assume as an importer I'd have to buy for that, not opportunity to chase around.

In Oz advertised retail price must be inclusive of tax... but say purchased in California, might have to pay $15k with tax (approx) plus $1k for trailer, $1k for shipping, plus fees to get it off the dock (?? $300??), have trailer made compliant with our laws ($200 + my labour), GST on value (10% ?$1.5k), then both regos (?$750 ? can't remember at the minute).

Oz dollar at that time about 0.92, first couple of costs have to be converted plus foreign exchange fees. Another factor is relative salaries - respective Bureau of Stats show our salaries average just short of 10% higher in the corresponding currencies, so what seems expensive (looking at the number) to someone Stateside is slightly less so to us... (not saying cheap!)

So crunching all that meant that I would pay about $21k in what I would call equivalent dollars for a grey import with no warranty that doesn't support our dealers or make them want to help me with issues, like paint.... Factor in also I usually got a years free insurance or some servicing discounts, dealer support has been fantastic (Excite Motorsports Penrith), and other discounts/freebies along the way and it was a no brainer... put my money down, pick up ski, ride, get willing fast help if needed. No waiting, no damage after I've paid for it. No running around or dealing with officialdom - priceless! Put another way, Yamaha aren't gouging too much when you look at everything involved.

Seadoo pricing here is a little different I believe, I had a bunch of mates bring in a container load (boats too) because against price here it was worth it... they had to be good second hand too, because as soon as it was apparent they were for export US dealers wouldn't sell to them new, protecting dealers here I guess.. that was a couple of years ago...

Haven't shopped around for discounts now that they are established on the market, got mine and no need. I guess it'll never be as competitive as in USA, but they aren't built here, we're on the other side of the world, and the PWC market is a fraction of the size, dealers just don't sell enough to cut margins to bone and survive - and I want them to survive.

8. +1 by:

Thread Information