Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

RIVA Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit & RIVA Catch Can Kit,

Oh dude - today - the whole day - I read here in the forum.
    Heavy doing for a old man who do not speak english well
    This thread was amazing: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191532
    But let me ask you now something at the point:

I have a 2014 Seadoo RXT-Xas 260 all stock.
    I can use that RIVA Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit with the engine in my model - shure?
    And what about the RIVA Catch Can Kit (not possible because moving-deck) - any alternatives with a can-concept?

Thanks for answer. I go to bed now with headache
    Last edited by hkss; 10-21-2014 at 06:18 AM.

+1
    Yes, same for all seadoos with external intercooler. But as you already know getting there on your ski is no fun.

3. +1 by:

I did IMUK on my aS no problem (except access, but I only needed to lift the rear of the deck, NOT fully remove it-see shop manual).

As for catch can, I fitted it but made my own bracket to fit it above the SC. You also need to play around with the existing hose to find a new way to route it. You will need to cut it. Very, very simple stuff and again accessed from rear lifted deck.

Assume you've fitted Riva Power Intake?

5. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for answer.
    In the wintertime, I will remove the moving deck and maybe also the upper Deck (if there is no other way) to install clamps.
    My ski must be a familie allround talent and I use it often for compfortable traveling - only one time in the year for a fun race.
    Tuning is not my first priority (or intension). ...at the other hand - I have a flirtation for it (OMG I hope my translation is halfway ok ).
    Nevertheless, I will not always the very last one to come in, when we traveling to somewhere in groups.

The catch can upgrade I will do, because I worked on older motors from cars and I see what this shit oil dust causes for a nightmare.
    The IMUK I do, because it is logical that the motor have a better breath. I hope the Riva IMUK is a intelligent stable reliable solution.
    Also I will install the Gen3 and tubing Kit - thats enough Christmas gifts for this year.
    For a birthday present in July maybe something from VTECH would be nice

@tornado34 What is "SC" ?

Super Charger

IMUK is a great kit and simple to install. Some people do it without the kit, but very fiddly. Kit best in my opinion.

8. +1 by:

+1
    I had/have the catch can on my PX260 and it didn't get any oil in it in 25hrs of riding. Not sure it'ss worth it especially since it's hard to even get to it to check it/drain it on the AS. When I went to the Riva XXX charger, I started to see oil in it. But the filter disintegrated from the oiland I had little black pieces everywhere....what the hell!

I'm not a fan of intakes on stock boats either, didn't notice any performance gain on my PX260 when it was stock and I switched out the intake. I'm still on the stock intake on my 2010Tx260 and I picked up 200-250 rpm with the modified intake manifold and an exhaust spacer. But I have the 8350 vetch tune, so I'm not limited to the 8040rpm limit.

Unless you going Vtech or another ECU to raise your RPM/power level, your doing allot of work for basically little gain if any.

Just my humble opinion...good luck

+1
    Hi DinoMite, yes you have absolutely right. I know / guess this.
    As I say before I work a lot on cars an I have learned that the amount of oildust (oil-mess) in the intake depends on many circumstances,
    like driver, wether cold/hot, mileage and other factors. I like it to have the catch can, so I can better sleep.
    I will look in it only once a year at winter service.

But I am interested in that/your problem that the filter disintegrated from oil.
    Can you describe this a little bit more?
    "Black pieces"? You mean oil spots in the engine compartment - outside from the catch can?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkss View Post
    Hi DinoMite, yes you have absolutely right. I know / guess this.
    As I say before I work a lot on cars an I have learned that the amount of oildust (oil-mess) in the intake depends on many circumstances,
    like driver, wether cold/hot, mileage and other factors. I like it to have the catch can, so I can better sleep.
    I will look in it only once a year at winter service.

But I am interested in that/your problem that the filter disintegrated from oil.
    Can you describe this a little bit more?
    "Black pieces"? You mean oil spots in the engine compartment - outside from the catch can?
    black pieces from the rubber that is part of the filter element that holds it to the can...it just fell apart. I assume cheap rubber that doesn't hold up to any oil contact and probably the heat of the manifold area. Cheap Chinese crap I assume. Fizzle has a kit, maybe his filter is better. I wonder if you could mount it in the battery area so you can check it easy?

12. +1 by:

+1
    I mounted mine with the supplied bracket to the front of the exhaust manifold. It is the riva. My ski is an rxpx 2013.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	344807

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I mounted mine with the supplied bracket to the front of the exhaust manifold. It is the riva. My ski is an rxpx 2013.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	344807
    That's the standard fitting place, but no chance on the aS. The bottom hull is shaped differently above the waterline.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information