Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ficht fuel pump regulator

i need a 1999-2004 fuel regulator of a di

when i bought the ski it didnt have one and i cant find it in the tank
    Last edited by K447; 10-22-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Ficht, not Fitch

Banned User
    +1
    Did you look in the bottom of the fuel pump body?

I assume you are talking about a Ficht injected machine here. Check the fuel pressure. (You only get fuel pressure when the engine is running/cranking.) If you have around 20psi you have a fuel pressure regulator working. No pressure? Clamp off the return fuel hose (It's the hose with the fuel pressure test port on it. Clamp the hose forward off the test port. Do you have pressure off over 20psi now? Your pressure regulator has failed or fallen off in the tank. I have just found this very problem on a 2003 MSX140 and I am going to install a Kawasaki inline fuel pressure regulator in the fuel return hose instead of taking the fuel pump out (bitch of a job!) Watch for my post later showing how this all works out.
    Last edited by Britpilot; 10-21-2014 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo

Banned User
    +1
    A few of us have had no luck with the Kawi regulator. It usually blocks up the return fuel flow.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Britpilot View Post
    ... I have just found this very problem on a 2003 MSX140 ... taking the fuel pump out (bitch of a job!)

Watch for my post later showing how this all works out.
    I have done a few MSX 140 fuel pressure regulator repairs. Now that the procedure has been documented the overall time to repair is maybe four hours, give or take. The result is a reinforced OEM pressure regulator, no extra hose clamps, no issues with possible incorrect (too high) fuel pressure.

The Kawasaki regulator repair is fine when the actual regulator works as expected. Unfortunately we have seen many of them which are out of specification and do not actually flow fuel at the required pressure. Until it is installed it is difficult to predict what pressure the Kawasaki regulator will provide.

The Polaris pressure regulator, in contrast, seems to be quite consistent and works well, once the mounting has been reinforced.

+1
    i have 4 of the kawi regulators if interested but its better to fix it the right way

Quote Originally Posted by Britpilot View Post
    I assume you are talking about a Ficht injected machine here. Check the fuel pressure. (You only get fuel pressure when the engine is running/cranking.) If you have around 20psi you have a fuel pressure regulator working. No pressure? Clamp off the return fuel hose (It's the hose with the fuel pressure test port on it. Clamp the hose forward off the test port. Do you have pressure off over 20psi now? Your pressure regulator has failed or fallen off in the tank. I have just found this very problem on a 2003 MSX140 and I am going to install a Kawasaki inline fuel pressure regulator in the fuel return hose instead of taking the fuel pump out (bitch of a job!) Watch for my post later showing how this all works out.
    My actually already pulled the pump and it is a PITA!! To get out

Quote Originally Posted by rr44red View Post
    i have 4 of the kawi regulators if interested but its better to fix it the right way
    I better stick with the polaris ones if I can find one what I do with all my Fitch skis is I pull the regulator out and mount them in the return line outside of the fuel line that way it will never fall of and if it ever fails it's right there

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski4ever View Post
    ... I pull the regulator out and mount [it] in the return line outside of the fuel line ...
    Have you documented how you are doing this?

My main concern would be potential for sudden fuel leakage into the hull if the modified regulator comes apart or leaks while mounted externally in the return fuel hose, since the factory regulator was not designed to be mounted outside the fuel tank.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski4ever View Post
    ... I pull the regulator out and mount [it] in the return line outside of the fuel line ...
    Have you documented how you are doing this?

My main concern would be potential for sudden fuel leakage into the hull if the modified regulator comes apart or leaks while mounted externally in the return fuel hose, since the factory regulator was not designed to be mounted outside the fuel tank.

I will post picture and the hardware I buy, It simple and the upper side of the regulator is barbed so it never comes of the hose and the back side their is no pressure so it dosnt take much to hold and then I guess what you could do is take 1/2 plumbers heat shrink tubing over the whole thing that will ensure nothing will move or leak plumbers heat shrink is a lot thicker then regular electrical heat shrink tubing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information