Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2001 Polaris Virage TXi stops running after20 minutes

I'm brand new to PWC's, brand new to this forum and found this thread. That's EXACTLY what was happening to my virage Tx on my maiden voyage yesterday.

Got it home and found loose positive cable on the opposite end of the battery. It looks like an old Ford starter solenoid.

I hope that's all it is because I don't understand the water flow through this thing. I'd love to see some pics or a diagram.

Nonetheless, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get it back out on the water and I'm VERY interested in the outcome of your problems.

Also, if someone has a link to water flow diagrams or engine diagrams, I'd sure appreciate it.
    Last edited by K447; 10-21-2014 at 08:32 PM.

+1
    Crank position sensor is the fix! Had the same thing happen to my machine. There was another member that it happened to also.

3. +1 by:

Great BigE! I appreciate that. Please look at these pics. Is that the crank position sensor? Sorry, I'm very new to this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPS.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	344570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPS big.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	344571
    Last edited by K447; 10-21-2014 at 08:32 PM.

+1
    yes it is

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithtas View Post
    I'm brand new to PWC's, brand new to this forum and found this thread. That's EXACTLY what was happening to my virage Tx on my maiden voyage yesterday.

Got it home and found loose positive cable on the opposite end of the battery. It looks like an old Ford starter solenoid. I hope that's all it is because I don't understand the water flow through this thing. I'd love to see some pics or a diagram.

Nonetheless, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get it back out on the water and I'm VERY interested in the outcome of your problems. Also, if someone has a link to water flow diagrams or engine diagrams, I'd sure appreciate it.
    What exactly are the problem symptoms for your machine?

What model year is your Virage TX?

See my signature links for lots more info on your Ficht engine.

Thanks rr44red. K447, I can run the machine for about 20-30 minutes and then it begins dying. It always starts back up and after a while, will only run for 3-5 seconds each time. Sunday I took it back out and when it began to act up, I stopped it, took the seat off and let it cool for a bit. I would then get another 20 minutes out if it. When it was time to go, my twenty minutes was up so to speak and I limped back to the boat dock, 3-5 seconds at a time. It took almost 30 minutes to travel about 3/4 of a mile. Starting/stopping. I read your earlier posts (I think that was you) about cooling lines being clogged. I didn't check them all and don't know what ought to be clear at this time, but one thing for sure is that nothing I touched was screaming hot. I could touch everything for a couple of seconds easy

Oh, and I've got a crank position sensor on order! Obviously I'm committed to changing it, but I welcome any other ideas. I also forgot to describe my machine. It's a 2001 virage txi. It says tx, but a parts guy I found on the net said they messed up the stickers on some and that it should've said txi because it's the 1200 fuel injected model.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The is a Ficht water cooling flow diagram for the red engines posted somewhere on here. Have a look through my signature links, might be in there somewhere.

The water cooling flow for the EMM first runs through the front cover of the flywheel stator. There is a U shaped flat water jacket on the front. Small water hose feeds in the lower brass elbow. Water comes out the upper brass elbow and flows to the EMM through a small diameter hose. From the EMM the water flow then goes to the rear of the hull where it exits at the exhaust through hull fitting.

It is important that the small water cooling hoses not be kinked or crushed. Sometimes the battery crushers the exit hose or the small feed hose under the front of the engine gets kinked. The flywheel cover brass fittings can get clogged with sand particles.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The is a Ficht water cooling flow diagram for the red engines posted somewhere on here. Have a look through my signature links, might be in there somewhere.

The water cooling flow for the EMM first runs through the front cover of the flywheel stator. There is a U shaped flat water jacket on the front. Small water hose feeds in the lower brass elbow. Water comes out the upper brass elbow and flows to the EMM through a small diameter hose. From the EMM the water flow then goes to the rear of the hull where it exits at the exhaust through hull fitting.

It is important that the small water cooling hoses not be kinked or crushed. Sometimes the battery crushers the exit hose or the small feed hose under the front of the engine gets kinked. The flywheel cover brass fittings can get clogged with sand particles.
    thats great info. I can't thank you enough. Btw, I have browsed through your links. Great source for info. I'm very thankful for finding this site. I actually acquired another PWC when I got this one. It's a virage 700 carbuerated model. 2001 model. I haven't got it started yet. It'll start with starter fluid. I obviously have a fuel delivery problem. I may be asking some questions on that one soon. It's about to start getting cold, so I might not mess with that one until the spring. Thanks again, Dirk

2002 jaguar XKR door handle is loose,how hard is to take the door panel off.please if you know please show pictures if not that's ok too.thank you very much,if you're in slc ut.even better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information