Thumbs up Just thought I'd say Hi

Hi guys and girls, just joined the ranks of "owners of Polaris (2004) MSX140 Jet Ski's" and thought I'd drop in and say hello.
    I'm from Sydney Aust so there are some great areas to get wet around where I live.
    I've come from a Moto X back ground and played with Kart Racing for 5yrs.
    Now 48yrs old I had to get something still fast but a sit down sort of hobby.
    As the kids have all but gone thinking this was a great way of being still close to the wife (hanging on) and just getting out and about.
    The wife and I head over to the US of A every year, just coming back again from Florida Orlando area, another great time.
    Anyway, so with that again hi to everyone and hope that I also can give some knowledge out one day.
    Cheers Paul (weiry)

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Is your MSX 140 in running condition?

Do you know the service history?

If you have not yet, have a look at my signature links for lots of useful info. Make note of the recommended maintenance items and updates, especially the fuel pressure regulator.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome

If you have not yet, have a look at my signature links for lots of useful info. Make note of the recommended maintenance items and updates, especially the fuel pressure regulator.

Hi K447.
    Funny you showed up, it was you that got me onto this Site...funny enough.
    Yes I have looked at your Site..."well done" and to all the work you have put in to it.
    Very limited on what needs to be done ATM she's been sitting out of the water for 18mths (has been started) so a service and check over is the first thing.
    I'm a truck mechanic by trade so just another thing to learn, but I did have a very quick look at your site.
    I'm away from home so I'll have a better look on my return, I do need to look more in to "flushing" the old girl.

Cheers mate again "good job'

Weiry

Quote Originally Posted by weiry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome

Hi K447.
    Funny you showed up, it was you that got me onto this Site...funny enough.
    Yes I have looked at your Site..."well done" and to all the work you have put in to it.
    Very limited on what needs to be done ATM she's been sitting out of the water for 18mths (has been started) so a service and check over is the first thing.
    I'm a truck mechanic by trade so just another thing to learn, but I did have a very quick look at your site.
    I'm away from home so I'll have a better look on my return, I do need to look more in to "flushing" the old girl.

Cheers mate again "good job'

Weiry

Well the sage of the MSX140 now begins. After no starting, a good clean up and a trip to someone who knows more about these than me.
    The EMM is fried, the stator is gone and the flywheel ,12 magnets, has been chewed out to warrant replacement we still cant check anything else till we get the new EMM ie injectors.
    Bit sad really as the seller still states that all was good when he had.... The typical buyer beware.
    New Parts are bloody hard to get here in Aust so now costly postage out of USA. +\- $2.5k AUD in Pts alone at the moment.

Well getting the toy ready for Christmas is now just a pipe dream.

Catchya all soon

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by weiry View Post
    ... The EMM is fried ... can't check anything else till we get the new EMM ie injectors.

... costly postage out of USA. +\- $2.5k AUD in Pts alone at the moment.

In what way is the EMM damaged? It may just need repair. There are several common EMM internal failures which can be repaired by replacing specific electronic components inside.

Is the replacement EMM coming with matched injectors? Each EMM is programmed to match the individual injectors on the original engine.

If a different EMM is swapped in then so should the matching fuel injectors, OR someone with the special Polaris software can transfer the injector compensation tables from the old EMM to the new. The data transfer can often be done even if the old EMM is unable to run the engine.

Banned User
    +1
    There are several EMM repair choices here in the US. Im sure you could ship it here and get it fixed. Don't just go and buy an EMM and injectors without first determining if your EMM can be repaired. I think the going rate for EMM repair is 450- 600 USD.

Thread Information