Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Smile Exhaust Manifold Removal - Seadoo RXP-X 260 12"

Afternoon Chaps,

I've been pulling my hair out over this one, how do you remove the exhaust manifold from a RXP-X 260 without pulling the engine?

As I am going to have this machined to allow for a wide band O2 sensor?

I can remove the top 6 bolts fine but ones on the underside are a completely different matter, so far I have removed the water box as it going to be replaced anyway but I am still unable to get to them.

Thanks.

You cut the Styrofoam away. I used a "hot knife" that we use at work. You can use a hacksaw blade.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-Andy View Post
    Afternoon Chaps,

I've been pulling my hair out over this one, how do you remove the exhaust manifold from a RXP-X 260 without pulling the engine?

As I am going to have this machined to allow for a wide band O2 sensor?

I can remove the top 6 bolts fine but ones on the underside are a completely different matter, so far I have removed the water box as it going to be replaced anyway but I am still unable to get to them.

Thanks.

Im thinking the foam is in the way? Been along time since I did mine on the Px. I bought a cheapo hot knife online and cut it even with the hull from what I rememeber. Work line a champ.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    You cut the Styrofoam away. I used a "hot knife" that we use at work. You can use a hacksaw blade.
    Haha you are speedy!

+1
    Ahh, that's going to make life much easier. Is this cut into multiple sections or just one?

+1
    I don't like cutting the Styrofoam personally. I may run that Junk X-Tender just to make sure my AF is OK then take it off.

When I do pull the motor one day to do the fly wheel and bolt upgrade then I can also do the manifold.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superjetpilot View Post
    I don't like cutting the Styrofoam personally. I may run that Junk X-Tender just to make sure my AF is OK then take it off.

When I do pull the motor one day to do the fly wheel and bolt upgrade then I can also do the manifold.
    You won't even be able to get proper numbers with the extender unless you run with your seat off as you get so much exhaust gases in the engine bay as it doesn't seal properly and your engine chokes!!

+1

I bought one of the extenders a year ago thinking it would be easier than drilling and tapping... The big problem with the extender is that it doesnt clear the bell end of the manifold so you wont get thr correct readings. I cut about 3 small pieces of foam and the manifold came right out.

You just have to have the right tools. I use a 1/4 ratchet with a short extension then the E8 socket, once you break the bolts free remove the ratchet and take the bolts out with the extension and socket only. I had mine out in 23 minutes.... Was competing with a friend who took almost 1 hour!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I bought one of the extenders a year ago thinking it would be easier than drilling and tapping... The big problem with the extender is that it doesnt clear the bell end of the manifold so you wont get thr correct readings. I cut about 3 small pieces of foam and the manifold came right out.

You just have to have the right tools. I use a 1/4 ratchet with a short extension then the E8 socket, once you break the bolts free remove the ratchet and take the bolts out with the extension and socket only. I had mine out in 23 minutes.... Was competing with a friend who took almost 1 hour!!!!!
    That's what I have been using but the foam keeps getting in the way. Looks like its going to have to be cut out or away.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

23 minutes is mad skills

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information