How do I remove 1999 Polaris Genesis battery?

I just bought a 1996 Polaris SL 780, I'm trying to get the batteries out for winter. The SL 780 was easy but I can't figure out how to get the battery out of the 1999 Polaris Genesis. Attaching a picture of where I'm assuming it is, but I don't know where to go from there. There was a box that looked like that in the SL 780 and the battery was sitting under it, with box strapped down.. This one is strapped to the side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	344744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	344745  

How do I remove 1999 Polaris Genesis battery

The pictures you showed are the electrical box. Basically, it's the master electrical distribution panel of the ski. It does have a circuit breaker reset on the front of it. The battery is further back on this same side (right) and buried behind the ECM (brain). It's quite jammed in there, but there will be two long bolts, one in front of and one behind the actual battery. 11mm (or 7/16) will fit.

Once they're off, you have to finagle the ECM out of the way, which isn't easy with the cooling hoses still attached. To be honest, on mine, I disconnect the upper rear wiring harness from the ECM, remove the three bolts (10mm) that hold it to the bracket, and then disconnect the top cooling hose. The ECM moves rather far out of the way. Then I take the two long bolts out and wrench away the bracket. The battery cables are next and they aren't the easiest in the world either.

I've been looking for a way to relocate this battery to somewhere easier, but don't want to lose my cubby hole below the rear seat section either. I've done this enough though that I don't have a terrible issue such as the first couple times.

NOTE: when putting these long bolts back in, wise to use anti-seize on the bolt threads, especially if you're running in salt water.
    Last edited by K447; 05-29-2017 at 09:03 AM. Reason: finagle

Thread Information