Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Riva Race System for a gp1200??

Hello there, I am currently looking into upgrading into the riva racing system for my gp1200 jetski, my budget only allow so much to upgrade, I was wondering in the riva intake grate upgrade is worth the green papers as well as the power filter kit for the carburetor? I was told of i do both of those mods then the speed should increase by 4-5mph. What are your thought on these small upgrades?

+1
    the R&D 800 grate will give you more speed. however any grate will be better than stock. i got the R&D 1200 grate and it rides so much smoother now and stays hooked much better, no speed gain though. the power filter will do nothing but lean out your motor and possibly cause a seizure. you would want to rejet the carbs pretty much regardless..
    if you want more speed, put a different impeller in it, like the solas concord 13/19.
    what has been done to your ski far?

oh wait, is this a gp1200 or a gp1200r?

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    the R&D 800 grate will give you more speed. however any grate will be better than stock. i got the R&D 1200 grate and it rides so much smoother now and stays hooked much better, no speed gain though. the power filter will do nothing but lean out your motor and possibly cause a seizure. you would want to rejet the carbs pretty much regardless..
    if you want more speed, put a different impeller in it, like the solas concord 13/19.

Yep...need to know what year GP1200 or GP1200R you have in order to point you in the correct direction.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf View Post

Yep...need to know what year GP1200 or GP1200R you have in order to point you in the correct direction.
    The ski is a gp1200, my only doubt at this point is exactly what year it is. The title says 2000 but i was told yamaha stopped making the gp series in 99. Anyway the hull of the ski is a gp800 and the engine is a 65u gp1200 engine.

Its a gp1200 with a gp800 hull, basically to my knowledge the ski is stock, its only bin converted to pre mix.

+1
    Then I take back the impeller, and im not sire about the grate either lol. Should get the carbs jetter and run some flame arrestors though

Then I take back the impeller, and im not sire about the grate either lol. Should get the carbs jetter and run some flame arrestors though
    But what is the real difference between the gpr series and the gp? Ive ridden both and all i found was that the gpr have power valves and the a different hull design on the bottom for better stability.

+1
    You just answered your own question. A better hull and a more powerful motor.. if im not mistaken the gp1200 makes 135hp and the gp1200r makes 155.

You just answered your own question. A better hull and a more powerful motor.. if im not mistaken the gp1200 makes 135hp and the gp1200r makes 155.
    Out of curiosity since my jest ski is a 800 with a 1200 motor inside then can i swap out to a gp1200r motor into my hull?

+1
    You are asking the wrong person, but it should bolt right in, just need everything lol. Is it a gp800 hull or a gp800r hull?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information