I might be ready for an upgrade to two new 2015s, opinions please?

So I have a 2010 FX SHO and a 2010 FZS, both have performed flawlessly. I have a friend that wants to buy them both along with the trailer that I have. I'm thinking of buying two new Yamahas. Problem is, I don't know which models to go with. I haven't kept up with all the latest changes and haven't been on the boards for a while. I typicall ride the FZS and my gf rides the FX SHO. I do like that the FZS is a bit more playful, but also enjoy the cruise control and better rough water ride of the FX SHO. Quick internet search shows the new FX SHO has electric trim and dual throttle controls. Almost seems like unnecessary added complexity that could lead to future failures. I loved the reliability of my current skis and had no issue with the manual trim and find the idea of dual forward/reverse controls completely unnecessary. Any input on what to upgrade to? Or should I just keep my 2010s?

FX Svho would be the upgrade to go with. Handling of that hull is great. And those new engines are full of power. They also come with the new ride system and electric trim which the FZ wouldn't have.

The new FZ is just the same old FZ with more power and a bit better handling.

If you ride in mild water like lakes or calm days in the Ocean I would go with the FZR unless you want a 3 seater then get the FZS and the FX. Get the best of both worlds.

If you ride in nasty chop, I would get 2 FX for sure. Hands down the FX is much eaiser to ride.

+1
    FX SVHO

5. +1 by:

+1
    rode my 15 fx svho today for the 1st time,thing is awesome....the RiDE system is super cool.

+1
    any input on the nanoxcell 2 ? is the diference noticeable ?

+1
    FX SVHO

Quote Originally Posted by riveride View Post
    any input on the nanoxcell 2 ? is the diference noticeable ?
    Yes.. If you drive the 14 and then the 15 you can feel it a little more nimble..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crvtt771 View Post
    So I have a 2010 FX SHO and a 2010 FZS, both have performed flawlessly. I have a friend that wants to buy them both along with the trailer that I have. I'm thinking of buying two new Yamahas. Problem is, I don't know which models to go with. I haven't kept up with all the latest changes and haven't been on the boards for a while. I typicall ride the FZS and my gf rides the FX SHO. I do like that the FZS is a bit more playful, but also enjoy the cruise control and better rough water ride of the FX SHO. Quick internet search shows the new FX SHO has electric trim and dual throttle controls. Almost seems like unnecessary added complexity that could lead to future failures. I loved the reliability of my current skis and had no issue with the manual trim and find the idea of dual forward/reverse controls completely unnecessary. Any input on what to upgrade to? Or should I just keep my 2010s?
    Man I don't know, these 2009-2010 units have been rock solid for us too.
    They have made major improvements to the engines, pump and intercooler so upgrading will always be nice. But, the hulls are supposedly thinner and the paint has been coming off new models, a few guys have lost timing chains, so who knows. The main reason I like the older units is because you don't have that electronic limiter pulling you back on speed. Of course you can get a gizmo to bypass that, but I'm thinkin that might impact your warranty if there was ever a problem, not sure. So I'm kinda like you; I'm sure I will upgrade to SVHO system eventually, but not in any hurry to do so immediately.

Thread Information