Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Impeller with Pitch Options - can somebody explain the Pitch Optons?

I have a RXT-X as 260 Build 2014 (Nozzle stock 83mm)
    Planing to have ECU VTECH Tune with 8400 rpm limiter.

I find a Impeller, that I am intresting at it.

Solas Sea Doo Concord Impeller SRZ-CD-15/21A (for Stock engine to limited modified)
    Pitch SIZES AVAILABLE 13/18 14/19 15/20 15/21 16/21

Can somebody explain this Pitch Options?
    What is the differenz between 15/21A and 15/21 ?
    Solas do this steps in Pitching because other stepps / combinations makes no sence?

+1
    I would run the Vtech tune with stock prop and see where your rpm is at. No matter what prop you order more than likely it is not what it says it is even the props that end in "R" (15/20r). AFTER you purchase all your mods dial in the right pitch to keep your RPM's in check.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VXRslayer21 View Post
    I would run the Vtech tune with stock prop and see where your rpm is at. No matter what prop you order more than likely it is not what it says it is even the props that end in "R" (15/20r). AFTER you purchase all your mods dial in the right pitch to keep your RPM's in check.
    Agreed, a stock 260 with a vtech flash is probably going to put you around 72-73mph and 8200 rpm or so, so you really dont need a prop most likely. I was able to go ~74 before i started hitting the limiter and moved to a 15/19 prop which has taken me to 77+ depending on weather so far with a little room to spare.

+1
    okay, that sounds logic. The point is to get the RPM´s in check with the right pitch - that can be a gain for top speed or acceleration.
    Depends on VTech setup. For example: When I have setup my ECU with a VTech tune 8400rpm - I should choose a Impeller or Pitch
    so my Jet runs at top speed (full throttle) at ~8399rpm (theory!!) - so then I have the most acceleration and most top speed I can get with this setup.
    Is ist so? (in theory)

+1
    Make sure when you do the Mods that you also change the flywheel bolts with arp bolts or they could snap. I found out the hard way and my engine was a mess. I had the vtech 8375 tune and solas prop 15/21A and a riva gen3 intercooler on a 2012 rxpx 260. With the solas prop I was only getting 7800 rpm . All the best

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucka View Post
    Make sure when you do the Mods that you also change the flywheel bolts with arp bolts or they could snap. I found out the hard way and my engine was a mess. I had the vtech 8375 tune and solas prop 15/21A and a riva gen3 intercooler on a 2012 rxpx 260. With the solas prop I was only getting 7800 rpm . All the best
    Hi Tucka, can you take another words for "arp bolts" - I cannot find a german translation - is it this at the pic 1?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EVO flywheel bolts-01.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	344882

And what is a Flywheel bolt? Is it a odinary hex bolt (pic 2) ? Which one - what possition do you mean?
    Name:  22r-flywheel-bolt.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  3.1 KB

I like to do the same as you (gen3, vtech 8375) on my RXT-Xas 2014.
    So you are satisfied with 7800rpm? ...because you like the top speed and not the acceleration?

+1
    hkss because my flywheel bolts snapped I sold the ski and just bought the 2014 rxpx which is red and black in colour. When I do modify the ski I will get my mechanic to put these bolts on for peace of mind. My mechanic thinks the bolts snapped because of the pitch of the impeller was making the engine work harder. I am not sure if his right so you will have to look into it further .

+1
    You want to dial in the right pitch to be around 8200 rpm for best speed and acceleration. You don't want to be that close to the limiter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucka View Post
    hkss because my flywheel bolts snapped I sold the ski and just bought the 2014 rxpx which is red and black in colour. When I do modify the ski I will get my mechanic to put these bolts on for peace of mind. My mechanic thinks the bolts snapped because of the pitch of the impeller was making the engine work harder. I am not sure if his right so you will have to look into it further .
    That sounds right in theory. If you were only turning 7800 sounds like you were running a 15/22 which is way over-propped for your setup. I also purchased a 15/20r and right out of the box it measured 15/22 and I could only turn it 7880 rpm. I had WFO performance pitch it down to a 14/19. You just never know what pitch your going to get so have your new prop measured. If you were only turning 7800 why did you leave it on??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkss View Post

Hi Tucka, can you take another words for "arp bolts" - I cannot find a german translation - is it this at the pic 1?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EVO flywheel bolts-01.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	344882
    You can find the upgraded ARP flywheel bolts on this page of the forums online store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2603

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information