+1

water routing for new setup?

Converting 07 RXT over to 08 exhaust straight pipe and Riva shorty wb. Ski has also been converted over to X shoe, driveshaft, ride plate, grate. Also running Fizzle F1000. I'm trying to settle on water routing for the new setup. The 07 setup came in from pump...up to grocco strainer mounted at toe hook...then into IC...then out to ex mani....pretty typical. My initial plan for the new setup was in from pump, short hose to X size T...then up to Grocco and into IC....other straight end of T to ex mani. T them back together and out. 2 things bother me about this.

1.) This would mean no water straining for exhaust and those holes in the 08 straight pipe are pretty small.
    2.) T'ing a 3/4 line out of Fizzle into a 1/2 line from exhaust just seems like pressure will build in IC like that but not sure.

The thing I do like about this setup is it's clean and minimal hose to run. Then it was suggested to me to dump the 3/4 line out of IC to a new bypass fitting I could install right in the opas block off plate. Sounds like a good idea but to me then water is flowing thru a 3/4 line straight in/out the IC and wouldn't it possibly starve the exhaust of water? Unless the IC acts as a restrictor in itself then maybe not.

So if it's necessary to strain first and then T off this poses some routing problems. I'd have to run the line in from pump up to Grocco...then out to T..then back down to exhaust mani and one line to IC...more up/dn hoses in the way. So I thought perhaps I'd relocate the Grocco to avoid that...ahh can't the SOB is to big to go anywhere near the in line from pump. If I could mount it off the front corner of tunnel deck it might work to neaten things up but it's to tall and reverse cable is right under that location, as well as my depth finder....then I'm adding vts as yet another project so now that tunnel deck is limited but front corner works. If I could find a smaller footprint strainer, that could mount off the front edge of tunnel it might work and be in nice alignment with the pump in line. Then I found this...

http://www.marine-products.com/jabsc...6200-0000.html

Anyone use these and do they hold up ok? Anyone got any thought on this whole routing?

+1
    I converted my 06 rxp to the new 08 exhaust and was still able to use my groco,
    I will try and past a picture of the set up, there has been some past post of the routing,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PAIGE GRADUATION 054.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	344870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SD0801002.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	344871  

+1
    I found a spot where the grocco could go and it would neaten up my plumbing lines. Similar to your pic but on other side of wb/mid pipe location. I'd basically have to epoxy the base to underside of footwell. I can reach it there but only from that side of ski. Supply line could then go underneath the mid pipe and up to it....line to ex mani would be back behind manifold and follow along dead rise, similar to what it looks like in your pic but start point would be behind the exhaust. The line to IC would be long but I could run it all the way to back of ski...over slope of pipe from Riva shorty box and then on top of transom and across. Funny there's even a recess back there on transom I could mount a zip tie to keep it put and a 3/4 line fits no problem. The line would then come around the back side of IC and up to a 45 barb, near completely hidden. The only bitch with this setup is the grocco cap, when removed for cleaning, touches the bottom of hull and I'd have to till it and prob spill some water...don't think that will bother me nearly as much as all those up/down hose at transom I was going to have where the grocco was originally located with my 07 water routing. The dump line from exhaust I'd like to run underneath the drivshaft right where a recess is but not sure that's a smart idea. The dump barb on shoe is on opposite side now with the X shoe so I have to cross over. The IC dump I like the idea of locating a new hull fitting right in the opas plate. This would be in lieu of T'ing the exhaust and IC dump together....unless someone tells me that's not a good idea.

I see in your pic you had that other low profile strainer in use at one time. How'd it hold up to pressure? I heard they didn't hold well. Jabsco does make a non low profile strainer that still seems smaller than a grocco 750 and considering it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ITT-JABSCO-B...item5d36775099

+1
    Concentrate on straining the water going into the intercooler and motor!!!. Specially if Your running salt, it will pack up in your pump, sandbars can be mad sand. Most guys split at pump, I ran a split at pump groco then to intercooler/motor out. Exhaust was straight water out. I did not worry much about filtering the exhaust cooling for more reasons than filtering.

+1
    So you don't believe the 08 setup needs water filtering to exhaust? Those holes in the straight mid pipe are pretty small.

Thread Information