Supercharger slipping at 3 foot pounds

So I don't have inc pound, I have a foot pound thing, anyway 88 inc pounds is 7 foot pounds I know that. I wasn't able to get 3 foot pounds yesterday on my supercharger. So can we safely say its done for. Or may I be doing something wrong. If I should video it, let me know

+1
    what SC and how many hours? If it's an X with not so many hours, no play in the shaft and no touchdown, just reset the slip around 130

+1
    If it was truly slipping at 3 Lbs and you rode it like that, I'm pretty sure that clutch is burnt up. Only way to tell is take it apart and inspect. Use the right tools don't guess or else you will be making another post as to why your charger grenaded!

It's a 215 supercharger, how many hour I don't no. He said it was rebuilt last year but I don't believe that, how do you reset the slip. And I didn't use it much and I just got it not to long ago. I'm down on rpm so I took the supercharger out to test it. I'm going out later to buy a inc pound, just to be safe , I will post a video later to make sure I'm do it right. Thanks

+1
    that's not too far off. about 100 is the safe setting on those if I remember correctly.

+1
    Low readings are not very accurate with a lbs torque wrench. What RPMs are you getting at what speed? If the above info is correct, someone didn't rebuild it correctly or it's shot.

Rpm are between 7400 to 7600, mostly 7400rpm speed is at 67 to 70mph, would the top speed be down to if the supercharger was slipping.

+1
    YES RPM would be Down from that much slippage, pull it Dont ride it anymore before it Blows .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by travis ingram View Post
    So I don't have inc pound, I have a foot pound thing, anyway 88 inc pounds is 7 foot pounds I know that. I wasn't able to get 3 foot pounds yesterday on my supercharger. So can we safely say its done for. Or may I be doing something wrong. If I should video it, let me know

Travis, If it's truly slipping at 3 ft lbs then yes, it's safe to say it's done for and that supercharger needs a full rebuild. The clutch/gear is burnt out on it.

10. +1 by:

Thread Information