+1

A minute of your time for a Canadian soldier

Hi folks, not sure if this is allowed or if it will help at all but it is definitely worth a shot. Gonna talk about something other than seadoo's.

As you might know On Oct 22 2014, there was unfortunate attack about an a hour and half south of me, in my country's capital, Ottawa, on CPL Nathan Cirillo. Nathan was a reservist from a town called Hamilton and was on a tasking in Ottawa guarding the war monument of the unknown solider when he was shot and killed. I am a member of the Regular force in the Canadian armed forces, I work in Petawawa about an hour and half north of Ottawa and it has been definitely a crazy weeks since we have had two attacks on our own soil.

Before I went full time with the armed forces, I was a reservist, from Hamilton (I'm from a little town outside of it). That is where i met Nathan. We chit chatted for a bit over a beer nothing more. I never met Nathan again but i have lost friends over PTSD before, and its a person who shares the same uniform as i do, and from the same town i am from.

Nathan, I found out during the aftermath of his death, has a 6 year old son. I am asking anyone who is willing to donate any spare funds they may have to help this child who lost his father. I could only imagine what this poor kid will have to go through right now and it seems like the right thing to do. I am not asking to change your view of whether or not our soldiers should be in places around the world etc.. I am asking for support to help a poor Child, I can only imagine Christmas will be a little less cheery this year and i would like to do as much as i can to change that.

Sorry if i upset anyone with anything or if this is not allowed, but i am trying to spread the word as much as i can. I know my funds for my ride plate went to this kid as i can still ride with my stock one.

You can donate through TD CanadaTrust bank
    Transit #2221 account #6391935

http://www.chch.com/nathan-cirillo-returning-hamilton/

I am not the best at computers so if you have any questions regarding donating i can try my best to help to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks for your time and for reading

John
    Last edited by K447; 10-25-2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: few typos. And thank you

+1
    Make it easier to donate, you will get more donations. set up a PayPal address, it enables the transfer of money in just a few clicks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xxx2 View Post
    Make it easier to donate, you will get more donations. set up a PayPal address, it enables the transfer of money in just a few clicks

I was thinking of setting up a paypal. but i want people to feel safe about donating if they feel the need to. The one through that bank is registered so people know exactly where the funds are going rather just to paypal account i set up. If people can't figure it out i will set up a account and hopefully that will intise people.

Thank you k447 for editing, i'm not very good at any thing related to computers, so any help i will take.

Cheers hope everyone has a great satuday.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Meen66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xxx2 View Post
    I was thinking of setting up a paypal. but i want people to feel safe about donating if they feel the need to...
    Well, apparently there are several existing PayPal options to donate.

I cannot say which donation channel is 'best', but the indiegogo fund has the largest total amount, among those I have found so far.

Glacier Media is sponsoring this Fundrazr channel, which accepts PayPal.
    Click here to contribute

On October 22, Cpl. Nathan Cirillo was shot and killed as he stood on guard at the National War Memorial in Ottawa. The war memorial is a place where people gather to pay their respects to the men and women who have sacrificed their lives, and their future hopes and dreams, for their country. He too has paid the ultimate sacrifice for a country that he loved. He stood there for all Canadians who value and honour the ideals that make us proud to call this great nation home.

Cpl. Cirillo leaves behind a six-year-old son. Glacier Media, which owns newspapers across Western Canada, as well as FundAid, is inviting its staff and readers to donate to this crowdfunding campaign in honour of Cpl. Cirillo. The money will be given to a trust fund for his son. It's a way for us to join people from coast to coast to coast to honour and pay tribute to a man who represented all that was good about Canada.

Both Glacier Media and Fundrazr, our FundAid partner, have waived the service fees as their contribution to the campaign.
    This radio station is offering to channel donations through their PayPal account to the trust account.
    http://www.k-litefm.com/blogs/2014/1...nathan-cirillo
    Note: I have not yet located the actual PayPal address for these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by k-lite.fm
    Courtesy of the City of Waterfalls Team.

Special Red Friday Memorial Waterfall illumination

In our series of Red Friday Memorial waterfall illuminations tomorrow’s event will carry an extra special meaning for all of us as we honour one of our own from Hamilton Cpl. Nathan Frank Cirillo along with Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent.

We will illuminate Albion Falls with 70 of our spotlamps in red with the lights on command being given approx 7pm.

We are asking Hamiltonians and all Canadians to bring or make a monetary donation through our paypal account on our website, as we will establish a trust fund for Cpl. Nathans son.

Directions to albion falls can be found through the City of Waterfalls website click here for them This is a link to www.cityofwaterfalls.ca/albionfalls.html

There are 5 parking lots in the area around Albion Falls, car pool if possible.
    Last edited by K447; 10-25-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    This seems to be a much larger campaign with multiple Canadian corporate sponsors.

NEW MAJOR COMMITMENTS
    PRESS RELEASE: The Argyll Regimental Foundation and True Patriot Love Foundation announce the creation of a Marcus Cirillo Trust for the son of Corporal Nathan CirilloMonies raised through the Stand on Guard Fund to go to families of members lost this weekHamilton, ON (24 October 2014): The calm of Canadian public life has been shattered this past week by the tragic deaths of two members of the Canadian Armed Forces: Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and Corporal Nathan Cirillo. The latter’s death occurred while mounting silent, respectful, and unarmed vigil at the Canadian War Memorial and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.Canadians of all ages and walks of life have expressed their collective sadness and their profound shock at these horrific events. The decency of ordinary Canadians has been expressed in concern for the families of these two soldiers and, in particular, Corporal Cirillo’s young son, Marcus. In the digital age, gestures of support are oft expressed by “clicks or likes”. Looking to move beyond that, a group of concerned citizens launched the Stand on Guard Fund to raise money in support of the families of Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and Corporal Nathan Cirillo. “The outpouring of grief and emotion online should be turned into real action to honour their memory” said Kasra Nejatian, who co-founded the project late this past Wednesday.The Stand on Guard Fund is working with True Patriot Love to disburse all monies raised between the families equally. As Shaun Francis, Chair of True Patriot Love eloquently expressed, “Grassroots movements like the Stand on Guard Fund are the truest demonstrations of our nation standing together in their support for the members of our Canadian Armed Forces and their families.”Announcement – the Marcus Cirillo TrustIt is with great pride that the family of Corporal Nathan Cirillo, the Argyll Regimental Foundation on behalf of The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada, and True Patriot Love are announcing the creation of a special trust for Corporal Cirillo’s son – the Marcus Cirillo Trust. Every dollar raised by the Argyll Regimental Foundation and by the Regiment will go directly to the Marcus Cirillo Trust, while the monies raised by the Stand on Guard Fund will be divided equally between the families. The TD Bank has generously set up a trust account for Marcus so that individuals anywhere in Canada may also make a direct contribution at their local bank (TD Bank, Transit # 2221, Account #6391935).Kathy Cirillo, Nathan’s mother and Marcus’ grandmother, is overwhelmed by the compassion, the concern, and the condolences for her son and her grandson. She has expressed her abiding thanks to all Canadians for their thoughts, their prayers, and this generous act of lasting remembrance.-30-About True Patriot LoveTrue Patriot Love Foundation (TPL) is a national charity that honours the sacrifices of members of the Canadian Armed Forces, Veterans and their families in both times of peace and conflict. TPL funds unique programs and innovative research in the areas of mental health, physical rehabilitation, family support and veteran transition. TPL is also committed to changing the conversation about our nation’s veterans, hosting an annual multinational symposium and organizing ambitious global expeditions. Since 2009, True Patriot Love has raised more than $18 million to support military charities across Canada. For more information, please visit www.truepatriotlove.com or contact:David FascinatoTrue Patriot Love Foundation 647.248.8567[email protected]About The Argyll Regimental FoundationThe Argyll Regimental Foundation was established in 1981 with the broad objectives to promote the efficiencies, welfare and well-being, and the traditions, of the Regiment. An initial fund-raising campaign - with a goal of $200,000 - was launched and, happily, within a short period of time, the target was met and exceeded. Then and in the intervening years, the ARF has enjoyed broad financial support from within the serving battalion, the Regimental family, and the community at large
    For all inquiries about the Marcus Cirillo Trust and the Argyll Regimental Foundation, please contact:
    Lieutenant-Colonel Rick KennedyArgyll Regimental Foundation 905.902.5988[email protected]

$10,000 DONATED BY DENTONS CANADA LLP TO STAND ON GUARD FUNDFor Immediate Release – 5:30pm October 24th Dentons Canada LLP generously contributed $10,000 this afternoon to the families of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo and Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent, through the Stand On Guard Fund.Launched by a small group of Canadians the goal of the fund is to raise $300,000. The money raised will be evenly divided between the families of soldiers Cirillo and Vincent, who were killed in attacks in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu and Ottawa this week.The Stand on Guard Fund asks Canadians to donate what they can at www.standonguardfund.com.The funds will be distributed with the assistance of the True Patriot Love Foundation.
    LOBLAW COMPANIES LTD. CONTRIBUTES $25,000 TO BENEFIT FAMILIES OF CPL. CIRILLO AND WARRANT OFFICER VINCENTFor Immediate Release – 4:30pm October 24th Stand On Guard Fund is praising the support of Loblaw Companies Ltd., who committed $25,000 to help the families of fallen soldiers, Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and Corporal Nathan Cirillo.Launched by a small group of Canadians the goal of the fund is to raise $300,000. The Stand on Guard Fund asks Canadians to donate what they can at www.standonguardfund.com.Any funds raised will be evenly split between the families of the two soldiers, and will be distributed with the assistance of the True Patriot Love Foundation.

GOODLIFE FITNESS PROVIDES A SUBSTANTIAL AND UNIQUE CONTRIBUTION TO STAND ON GUARD FUNDFor Immediate Release - 2:45pm - Friday October 24thGoodLife Fitness is the latest corporation to show their support for the families of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo and Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent, with a cash contribution of $10,000 to Stand On Guard Fund. GoodLife has also offered a unique contribution to the son of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, towards a 20-year membership with GoodLife as well as personal training. Below is a statement from GoodLife Founder and CEO David "Patch" Patchell-Evans:"On behalf of the GoodLife Fitness family, I would like to recognize the incredible contribution that Corporal Nathan Cirillo and Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent made to our country and to our freedom. It is because of their selfless contribution that we live in such a formidable, caring and limitless country.Our heart and soul goes out to the family and friends of Nathan Cirillo during this tragic time. He was a former GoodLife employee and will have a very special place in our hearts when we remember him along with other soldiers, veterans and peace keepers on November 11th.In memory of these fallen soldiers, we would like to make a $10,000 donation to this tremendous fund. We also want to do something special for Corporal Cirillo’s son. Since living a healthy and active lifestyle was so important to Nathan, we want to extend a $15,000 donation in both membership and personal training to his son. We would like to give him a 20-year GoodLife membership when he is old enough to join us, along with personal training, and we would like to offer him personal training courses if he wishes to follow in his father’s footsteps of being such an incredible role model and advocate for health and wellness.Thank you Nathan for looking after our country and for being such a great example for all Canadians."

LAFARGE CANADA INC SIGNS ON TO STAND ON GUARD FUND WITH $15,000 CONTRIBUTIONFor Immediate Release - 1:00pm – Friday October 24th 2014With an incredible contribution of $15,000, Lafarge Canada Inc. is the latest Canadian corporation to support the Stand on Guard Fund, a crowd-funded campaign dedicated to the families of fallen soldiers Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and Corporal Nathan Cirillo. The fund recognizes the ultimate sacrifice paid by Warrant Officer Vincent and Cpl. Cirillo during the terror attacks in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC and Ottawa, ON.This commitment from Lafarge is in addition to generous corporate contributions from Rogers Communications as well as Canada’s five banks - Toronto Dominion (TD), Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), Scotiabank, and Bank of Montreal (BMO). With Lafarge’s contribution, the total amount raised sits at $188,324. Launched by a small group of Canadians from all political backgrounds, the funds raised through www.StandOnGuardFund.com will be distributed between both families, and delivered with the assistance of the True Patriot Love Foundation.The Stand on Guard Fund encourages all Canadians, and friends of Canadians, to donate what they can at www.standonguardfund.com

ROGERS COMMUNICATIONS INC. LATEST CORPORATE SUPPORTER OF STAND ON GUARD FUNDFor Immediate Release - 10:00 am - Friday October 24, 2014Rogers Communications today committed $25,000 to help the "Stand on Guard Fund", a campaign dedicated to the families of fallen soldiers, Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and Corporal Nathan Cirillo.Launched by a small group of Canadians the goal of the fund is to raise $200,000. The Stand on Guard Fund asks Canadians to donate what they can at www.standonguardfund.com. Any funds raised will be evenly split between the families of the two soldiers, and will be distributed with the assistance of the True Patriot Love Foundation.For more information, please contact:Kate Harrison - [email protected] (English) Nicolas Rusckowski, [email protected] (francais) Bronwen Evans, Managing Director, True Patriot Love Foundation, [email protected]

CANADA’S BANKS COMMIT $100,000 FOR THE FAMILIES OF WARRANT OFFICER PATRICE VINCENT AND CORPORAL NATHAN CIRILLOFor Immediate Release: 5:45 pm – Thursday October 23, 2014Thanks to the “Stand on Guard Fund”, a crowd-fund campaign dedicated to the families of fallen soldiers, Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and Corporal Nathan Cirillo, all five of Canada’s major banks – Royal Bank of Canada, TD Bank Group, Scotiabank, BMO Financial Group, and CIBC – have very generously agreed to commit $100,000 to the cause.Launched just last night by a small group of Canadians from all political backgrounds, the fund surpassed its original goal of $10,000 in less than 10 hours, and now stands at approximately $113,562. The current goal is $200,000.“We felt that clicks and likes and an outpouring of grief and emotion online should be turned into real action to honour the memory of these two members of the Canadian Armed Forces”, said Kasra Nejatian, who founded the project late last night.The funds raised will be evenly split between the families of the two soldiers, and will be distributed with the assistance of the True Patriot Love Foundation. The Stand on Guard Fund encourages all Canadians, and friends of Canadians, to donate what they can at www.standonguardfund.com.For more information, please contact:Chad Rogers, [email protected] (english)Nicolas Rusckowski, [email protected] (francais)Bronwen Evans, Managing Director, True Patriot Love Foundation, [email protected][email protected] / [email protected]version francais disponible"Honorez-les" fondsdefoitrempée.com #fondsdefoitrempée
    "Honour Them" StandOnGuardFund.com #StandOnGuardFund

Thread Information