Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winter Riding + Best Prices?

Got 2 questions:

1) Does anyone here ride through the winter, if so, does a dry suit do the job or do you still get miserable?

2) What is the best time to buy a Seadoo, I am looking to buy either the GTR 215 or the RXT 260 and obviously getting it below MSRP is the goal... just how low is "low".

I am in Virginia, 30-40min away from Virginia Beach. Willing to drive to northern North Carolina if I have to for a good deal.

+1
    1. I live in New York, it is impossible to ride in the winter so I cannot offer much help in that regard.

2. I find that the best time for deals are early fall (beginning of September) to January. Those are the times when I have had success personally, but I do not purchase my skis from dealerships because I believe it is a waste of money.

+1
    Contact me via pm

I'm in the Raleigh, NC area. I don't know if I'll be able to ride thru the winter but I'm def going to head out there when I can. I've got a 3 mil full wetsuit that I think will be adequate, especially when I add my winter jacket on over it ��

I just bought a 2014 RXT 260 from one of my "local" dealers (the 2 closest dealers are both 1.5hrs away) for well below msrp. I believe they still have an RXT-X available. PM me if you'd like more info.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Call/PM Tiny.

You will NOT be sorry. He will make you a smokin' hot deal.

6. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Make sure whatever you wear is adequate for the WATER temperatures you will be riding in. Just because you are comfortable on the seat doesn't mean you are protected if you end up in the water. A 3 mm suit is probably adequate for water temps over 55. Take a swim in your suit and see if its ok in the water temps you will be riding in. I have been swimming in 42-44 degree water for close to an hour in my outfit and I was comfortable. Have not taken a dip in sub 40 degree water yet, although I think I would be ok. I have ridden in water as cold as 34 degrees. Air was 28. I was nice and warm, but it was funny looking at yourself and seeing your clothing covered in ice.

With the proper gear you can ride as long as the water isnt frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Make sure whatever you wear is adequate for the WATER temperatures you will be riding in. Just because you are comfortable on the seat doesn't mean you are protected if you end up in the water. A 3 mm suit is probably adequate for water temps over 55. Take a swim in your suit and see if its ok in the water temps you will be riding in. I have been swimming in 42-44 degree water for close to an hour in my outfit and I was comfortable. Have not taken a dip in sub 40 degree water yet, although I think I would be ok. I have ridden in water as cold as 34 degrees. Air was 28. I was nice and warm, but it was funny looking at yourself and seeing your clothing covered in ice.

Very good advice. While I don't plan on taking a dip the possibility always exists.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gtoddh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post

Very good advice. While I don't plan on taking a dip the possibility always exists.
    Taking a dip is actually kind of fun. You wont believe how comfortable you are in the proper gear.

Understood, the 3mil suit is actually the one I use for scuba diving. It's warm up to a point, then it's just not!

Banned User
    +1
    I have a 7 mm suit. It works pretty well in cold water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information