Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Project SL750 Q

+1

Project SL750 Q

I'm trying to get a 93 SL 750 up as my project ski that I picked up for $200. I have some odd ball questions. The fuel lines have been replaced, they are not the gray tempos, I compared them to my Sea-Doo and these don't say tempo. When I bought the ski the seller said "It's not getting fuel" I pulled the cap off the tank and the lines are gone, just, gone, disinterested in my hands. What kind of lines need I run in the tank and how long does the res and on need to be?

Also going through the now 21yr old ski, I noticed my oil lines are really sticky, is this normal? Should I replace the Oil lines and oil pump? Or am I just over thinking this?

And lastly, how the heck does the selector valve come off on this thing? Just undo the screw or what?

Before you ask, yes, the carbs are pending their rebuild.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Don't forget to rebuild the jet pump. Those bearings and seals may also be twenty one years old. 1992 and 1993 models had the 146 non-modular jet pump. Parts are not interchangeable with the 148mm jet pump which was used 1994-2004.

+1
    Being the ski is 21, should I premix it or rebuild/replace the oil pump? Opinions would be grand. I'm trying to tackle this one thing at a time. And I'm looking into fluid delivery. I do enjoy the convenience of the oil injection, though, the oil pump has me a bit, worried. One of the 2 skis has a seized motor so I want to prevent this one from having the same fate.

+1
    check the oil pump, but they are generally safe to use, but if you want to go premix, do it, thats a long debated topic here on Greenhulk, go threw the fuel system, even if the lines have been replaced, replace them again, replace the fuel selector valve, rebuild the carbs. with Genuine Mikuni parts, John Zigler, of Rock County Jetski will have everything you need!

+1
    I didn't think to do the lines again, but best to be safe than sorry. I know the premix vs injection is heated. I've tried to find a new OP and haven't had much luck and with the lines being gummy on the outside I wasn't sure if that meant maybe they were also gummy inside and clogged the O.P. And, what lines do I use for the oil lines?

+1
    Ill look in my parts bin, i might have a fuji oil pump lying around somewhere. I am unsure what lines to use for oil lines, I have never changed them. most the issues with these craft are the old lines get gummy inside and clog up the carbs, oh and also you need a triple outlet fuel pump! the most common failure for these skis are the front piston to get a hole burned in it from running lean, since it used a single fuel pump and linked the carbs together, causing the Mag( closest to front of the ski) to get less fuel then the Cen(Center) and PTO( closest to back of the ski) a tripple outlet fuel pump wiill also correct this problem

+1
    Mmmmm yes, the triple FP. I think I'm just over thinking everything right now. I've just read that there is no telling if or when the OP will fail and that has me like !!! It's kinda a learning experience for me. I mean, c'mon I paid $200 for the pair of SL 750s, that's not bad. I wanna take what I learn from the SL and apply to my XP. Now the intank lines, what do I use in there? And one thing I thought was cool looking is where and what kind of fuel lines are the clear ones from the FP to the carbs? I'd like to see them suck gas.

+1
    Here is what is left of the fuel lines in the tank. The longer one is 6". They both are split in the middle. I was told the carbs weren't getting fuel, well, now we know one reason why. The shorter one just disintegrated in my hand
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141028_084154.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	345285

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Octoarms View Post
    Here is what is left of the fuel lines in the tank. The longer one is 6". They both are split in the middle. I was told the carbs weren't getting fuel, well, now we know one reason why. The shorter one just disintegrated in my hand
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141028_084154.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	345285
    Fairly common on the older models with "in-tank" fuel lines. Glad you found it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Octoarms View Post
    Mmmmm yes, the triple FP. I think I'm just over thinking everything right now. I've just read that there is no telling if or when the OP will fail and that has me like !!! It's kinda a learning experience for me. I mean, c'mon I paid $200 for the pair of SL 750s, that's not bad. I wanna take what I learn from the SL and apply to my XP. Now the intank lines, what do I use in there? And one thing I thought was cool looking is where and what kind of fuel lines are the clear ones from the FP to the carbs? I'd like to see them suck gas.
    I like the yellow Tygon fuel lines for inside the tank. They are very flexible so they will move around with the motion of the ski. Did you recover the metal pickup "clunks" that attach to the end of the fuel lines? You will want those for the ends of the new lines.....

As for the Oil pump, I haven't read of an issue where the pump was determined to be the cause of failure. They are fairly simple, operationally speaking. All of the oil related seizures I have read about have been oil lines breaking or disconnected.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information