Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

mods for a NA 2013 ultra lx

Ok so I know this is a silly question but I have a purpose for it. What simple mods can be done on a N/A 2013 ultra lx to add speed? How much can i expect to get just from upgrading the impeller and ride plate? I don't have high expectations just want to get close to 60 mph. For what i'm thinking of doing it cant be to upgraded to much but I know i can change the ride plate and impeller might be able to re flash but not sure if that will do anything on this ski. Currently runs mid 50's trying to get that extra 5 mph is this a impossible task with limited mods.

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Use the search function. there are a few threads on this.

+1
    Trade it for a stx15f if you want 60!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosguru7 View Post
    Ok so I know this is a silly question but I have a purpose for it. What simple mods can be done on a N/A 2013 ultra lx to add speed? How much can i expect to get just from upgrading the impeller and ride plate? I don't have high expectations just want to get close to 60 mph. For what i'm thinking of doing it cant be to upgraded to much but I know i can change the ride plate and impeller might be able to re flash but not sure if that will do anything on this ski. Currently runs mid 50's trying to get that extra 5 mph is this a impossible task with limited mods.
    Oh for Christ Sake ! ..Trade that snail in and get the SC 300 or 310! ,your not gonna pick up 5 mph from a plate , prop or intake

A little more maintenance in a forced induction engine and little more gas but you can run the ski in ECO mode and get 1-1.5 more per gallon,you should be able to squeeze out 90- 100 miles out of a full tank..

That LX was designed for someone who wants to fish or for rescue operations or just likes to tour ride and look at the scenery..

Not sayin speeds everything but you can do all of what the LX can do but want to crank it up a notch with max speed of 67-68 mph and a safe limited 7600 rpms max it just a finger tip away

5. +1 by:

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Enjoy your LX and don't worry about the Supercharger and intercooler breaking down !!
    Get the Ride plate done, do some homemade air mods and enjoy it. Who says you have to go 70mph ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Oh for Christ Sake ! ..Trade that snail in and get the SC 300 or 310! ,your not gonna pick up 5 mph from a plate , prop or intake

A little more maintenance in a forced induction engine and little more gas but you can run the ski in ECO mode and get 1-1.5 more per gallon,you should be able to squeeze out 90- 100 miles out of a full tank..

That LX was designed for someone who wants to fish or for rescue operations or just likes to tour ride and look at the scenery..

Not sayin speeds everything but you can do all of what the LX can do but want to crank it up a notch with max speed of 67-68 mph and a safe limited 7600 rpms max it just a finger tip away
    I was debating on entering a few races that i knew where coming up these races take place offshore but was hoping with some simple mods i could gain a few mph. I was going to enter this ski in a stock sub 200hp class that the only mods allowed are the ride plate and impeller. I was hoping with these events being offshore the speed deficients of this machine would be equalized by hull capability against some of the Yamaha machines that will be in this class. Obviously if its lake like conditions this machine will be destroyed but I figure with a little luck and a little chop it maybe at least competitive. So just buying a supercharged model won't work for that but maybe I should just go buy a stx15 as second ski for this if I really want to do it.

+1

I was debating on entering a few races that i knew where coming up these races take place offshore but was hoping with some simple mods i could gain a few mph. I was going to enter this ski in a stock sub 200hp class that the only mods allowed are the ride plate and impeller. I was hoping with these events being offshore the speed deficients of this machine would be equalized by hull capability against some of the Yamaha machines that will be in this class. Obviously if its lake like conditions this machine will be destroyed but I figure with a little luck and a little chop it maybe at least competitive. So just buying a supercharged model won't work for that but maybe I should just go buy a stx15 as second ski for this if I really want to do it.
    You talking about next yrs AquaX in Fla ?

I did the Cocoa Beach race this yr ,couldn't finish the 30 min race it's was bruttal...

+1
    Yes I was looking at the Aqua X series in Fla. It looks like it could be brutal. I'm understanding it correctly it is a true timed race not a certain number of laps but who completed the most laps in a certain amount of time? It also appears you run 4 races in a day?

+1
    Yes I was looking at the Aqua X series in Fla. It looks like it could be brutal. I'm understanding it correctly it is a true timed race not a certain number of laps but who completed the most laps in a certain amount of time? It also appears you run 4 races in a day?
    No 1 30 min race then the next day 2 30 min races ,great and profressional organization..

Its not really an "offshore" race like you see in CA ( MH 300,LB2CAT DP2OC) or Karajet or like those big ones in Europe and Russia..

It a Hybrid of CC and Offshore ,all classes need to navigate around 8 or so buoys in an oval shape course,besides the ocean chop you have the jet wash and boat chop from the other 30 plus skis...

+1
    No 1 30 min race then the next day 2 30 min races ,great and profressional organization..
    Would this ski even be close to competitive in that class it looks like its dominated by vxr's but looked over the last few years results and all I have seen entered in it are vxr's and a few 155 Sea Doo's never seen it tried on one of these? The 300 class looked like it was dominated by the Kawasaki machine which lead me to believe this hull design could benefit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information