Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Question Buying a new Spark for 2015, what are the most common mods and upgrades?

Iím just about to pay a deposit for a 2015 2Up 90hp Spark with iBR, VTS and the RF D.E.S.S. key

I used to have an RXP so Iím kind of used to the power and even though I was fairly impressed with the stock 90hp Spark a few extra ponies wouldnít hurt

First, what about ECU tunes (V-Tech), how much difference would it make on a 90hp in real life? What supporting mods and parts could be fitted to get the most out of it? Exhaust, waterbox, flame arrestor removal, cold air intake etc? Would I need a custom tune to ďfitĒ the surrounding mods? Iím not too keen on a turbo install or any other radical mods BTW.

Then, what about the drivetrain? Impeller, intake grate, ride plate, stainless wear ring etc?

What would be the most bang for the buck? If this would be done in steps what should I start with and what would follow and in what order and what, if any, should/need to be done at the same time?

And last but not least, accessories, what are the most liked and used ones here? Iím thinking:

Cover
    Front storage
    Seat cover (donít really like the white seat)
    Speed Ties
    Snap in bumpers

Am I missing something obvious?

+1
    Well as you are starting to realize, there really NO limit to the after market mods you can locate for the Spark. Even turbo, ! Only limit is your $$$$ Good Luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Well as you are starting to realize, there really NO limit to the after market mods you can locate for the Spark. Even turbo, ! Only limit is your $$$$ Good Luck
    Well, that goes for most stuff really But since the $$$$ aren't unlimited I would like to go for the stuff with most value to start with and probably skip the stuff that only gives very little gains, at least to start with

+1
    The Best bang for ur $$$ will be reflash V Tech , remove flame Arestor and drop Sponsons ...

Unless u go turbo u ain't going to pick up any major power ....

+1
    I'm in the same boat(waiting on my 2015) I plan on flashing but seems like the pump needs attention the most. Wear ring, impeller & trueing the ride plate are going to be my top priority.

+1
    Yeah pump area can be better , ride plate has gains ..

+1
    Another approach would be to go the 60hp route with a flash, obviously that would give a lot of power compared to stock. But then you would not get the VTS, and not the iBR, I could live without the iBR but what do you guys say about the VTS? Would it be worth the extra cash?

Might be a tricky question since not many have ridden a Spark with VTS I guess but more in general then?

+1
    I have done 2 of 60hp reflash etc and was the best way around it ...

You still have the RXP, so keep the Spark simple and cheap ...u will enjoy it more ..

+1
    Also remove ride plate and remove 2mm from rear bolt tabs , the ski sits better at high speed , less belly drag ...

Trim would be nice but sure its only on IBR model...

+1
    I haven't ridden a Spark yet so it is all conjecture on my part from seeing reviews and watching videos.

But my 95 XP800s run 60 mph on GPS and are absolutely brutal out of the hole and in the turns. All that is done to them is flame arrestors/rejetted carbs, sponsons and intake grate and they have the extended pumps of course. I would be blown away if a spark could touch them on a buoy course, but I'll insert my foot into my mouth if I have to.

Also not sure how a Spark could jump better with a longer hull and no trim. You can get an X4 completely vertical (straight up and down) off its own baby wake.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information