+1

Possible to Run SC'ed 24# - On Pump Gas??

I am contemplating going to the next level, and wondering if it's possible (and the best way) to run 24#'s @ 9k, on 93 octane pump gas??

This would be while running a R&D reflash, and a Turbo is not an option & as I would prefer to "KISS" with the SC setup. I know there are 24# wheels available, but don't know how the longevity will be with OEM SC housing setup. Running it with a Riva shaft & bearing.

The other option would be an ET billet housing, which has me really interested (except for the price of admission). The idea of pulling the charger to adjust the slip occasionally instead of replacing a clutch would seem to ease the sticker shock over time. Considering how many years the ET chargers have been out, I am surprised at how little user input on performance/longevity is out there (none)! About the only mention i can find about them is when people sell to upgrade to Turbo..

Guess the final part of the question is - if this even a realistic pursuit to pull off safely either way with pump fuel??

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    I am contemplating going to the next level, and wondering if it's possible (and the best way) to run 24#'s @ 9k, on 93 octane pump gas??

This would be while running a R&D reflash, and a Turbo is not an option & as I would prefer to "KISS" with the SC setup. I know there are 24# wheels available, but don't know how the longevity will be with OEM SC housing setup. Running it with a Riva shaft & bearing.

The other option would be an ET billet housing, which has me really interested (except for the price of admission). The idea of pulling the charger to adjust the slip occasionally instead of replacing a clutch would seem to ease the sticker shock over time. Considering how many years the ET chargers have been out, I am surprised at how little user input on performance/longevity is out there (none)! About the only mention i can find about them is when people sell to upgrade to Turbo..

Guess the final part of the question is - if this even a realistic pursuit to pull off safely either way with pump fuel??
    Hello Wayne you can not run a 24 psi. on pump fuel. you will need race fuel. A customer of mine was going thru clutches every couple months because he rides ocean all the time and is very hard on the throttle, we put the billet charger and the last clutch lasted a year and a half. Just adjusted the slip on the clutch 3 to 4 times a year.

+1
    Jim,

You just answered both of my questions in one shot. I will have to hang up on the 24# hopes (only 93oct for me), but will keep the ET21 charger setup as an option.

Since I ride the monster you built me around 95% in the ocean. Will have to just see how many hours I get outta this first clutch, and then decide whether take the ET plunge at that point.

Thank you!

Thread Information