Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

had a cold spell today and went 79.41 :)

I am down in sw florida and we had a cold front come in and bless us with 55 degree temps this morning, my skii usually averages in the 76-77 range in the heat but this morning i went out and with a half tank of fuel hit 78.4 on the first pull. Wet up river more and burned some more fuel until i was down to 2-3 bars and made a couple more in the upper 78 range and finally had one hit 79.41. And before everyone jumps on my case, yes i am using a phone app GPS But i have verified with a hand held garmin they are within .1-.2 of each other. The ski is all over the limiter at one point i saw 8500 max and my limiter is 8450. I took a couple pictures of the speedometer, on the 79 run it actually said 81. My mods are a r3 re-flash from r and d, r and d intake grate, 15/19 solas prop, riva freeflow exhaust, riva fpr, flame arrestor removal, ride plate holes filled, and r and d 4 inch intake, nothing fancy.

Edit, I registered a .3 mph current so i did pulls both directions and averaged 79.1 today on my highest runs.

You say you saw 8500rpm peak, what are you normally seeing at wot?

+1
    in the heat i am usually around 82-8300

+1
    Wow...nice! That's nuts no matter what day it is. You have any idea what your afr was? Have to imagine if your running stock injectors you've got to be running lean.

+1
    whats funny is my buddies and i were just talking about that, i want to put a wideband on this thing cause im sure its incredibly lean, i had it set at 58 base and i actually bumped it to 60 after seeing gus' thread about how lean his ski is and hes only 100 miles north of me. I actually think this thing might have a tad more in it lol

+1
    Im glad you trust your motor to some ones flash...you must like living on the edge

+1
    My ski is slow. How do you like your Riva free flow? Is it annoying like everyone says?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    whats funny is my buddies and i were just talking about that, i want to put a wideband on this thing cause im sure its incredibly lean, i had it set at 58 base and i actually bumped it to 60 after seeing gus' thread about how lean his ski is and hes only 100 miles north of me. I actually think this thing might have a tad more in it lol
    Would be cool to see ski with just a tune on it hit a true 80mph, that would probably some kind of a record.

If you had the vetch tune you could put in their 1100cc injectors and change out the tune.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    Gus has new speed numbers as well today. Check his thread out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    Im glad you trust your motor to some ones flash...you must like living on the edge
    man while i truly value your advise on this site and I think you know your shit, you have to lighten up a bit man, do i fully trust someones canned tune? no i dont but that is not the point of this ski, i did not want to turn this into my racecar where i am constantly having to log everything to squeeze every last drop of power out of it. I told r and d to be somewhat conservative actually as i didnt want the damn thing on the edge, whether it is or isnt i have no idea, but the thing has been good to me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by VXRslayer21 View Post
    My ski is slow. How do you like your Riva free flow? Is it annoying like everyone says?
    the freeflow drones something fierce at ~3000 rpm but it doesnt bother me a whole lot. I like it over all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information