Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SVHO. how to winterized

Please help me I was out of the states for a month and I just came back and call my dealer to ask prices on winterizing my two svho skis but the want $250 a pop so if you could help me I will be very thankful specialy with how to FOG the engine of the svho because I'm worried about damaging the supercharger I try search but there is nothing I could find about doing the svho engine thanks so much in advance

+1
    Change the oil and filter. Spray everything down to prevent rust and or corrosion. Wash wax and cover. Then pout because you can't ride. I'll start and run ours for 15-30 seconds every 3-4 weeks to splash the internals with oil, with out a hose connected. Won't hurt it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetluv View Post
    Please help me I was out of the states for a month and I just came back and call my dealer to ask prices on winterizing my two svho skis but the want $250 a pop so if you could help me I will be very thankful specialy with how to FOG the engine of the svho because I'm worried about damaging the supercharger I try search but there is nothing I could find about doing the svho engine thanks so much in advance
    Oil, oil filter, fog the engine, new spark plugs, and gas stabilizer (with a full tank).

Can you please give me more info about where exactly shoot the fogging oil to the engine

+1
    I glad you posted something, I was thinking the same thing.

My ski has no hours on it (didn't get any time to ride it after it was purchased... I know....I know.....) and was wondering this same thing.

Mine will be kept in my 3rd car garage spot. I filled it up with some good 93 fuel, and put some Sta-bil Storage in it, hooked a hose up, ran it for about 3-4 minutes. Let it sit for a while, started it up without a hose for about 15 seconds, waited a while, started it up again for another 15 seconds.

I'll have it in a battery tender for sure, but not sure about the fogging/anti-freeze.

Would I be ok just starting it up every few weeks, and calling it good with what I've done?

+1
    Here are two other threads where it's discussed. There are several more as the Search function is your friend.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=224029&highlight=winter

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107308&highlight=winter

7. +1 by:

+1
    Just want to double check before I do this.

Is this the line you un-clamp and spray the fogging stuff into? Looks like a line off the air intake box, pre-supercharger.

Spray it down into that hole?
    Last edited by TyH2009; 11-13-2014 at 06:09 PM.

+1
    You got it .

+1
    I cannot say I'm a fan of fogging upstream of the intercooler. A coating of oil inside there isn't a good thing. I used to break apart the piping between the intercooler and throttle body to fog.

+1

winterization

Quote Originally Posted by RobZ71LM7 View Post
    I cannot say I'm a fan of fogging upstream of the intercooler. A coating of oil inside there isn't a good thing. I used to break apart the piping between the intercooler and throttle body to fog.

One way of looking at it It's gettting oil and condensation From the breather all the time when its running.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information