Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hand Held DESS Programmer

I want the ability to read hrs and program keys. Please let me know what you have.

Anybody? I'm ready to deal

+1
    Best bet is candoopro

HAHA I don't work on DI's and I don't want somebody telling me how many keys I can program. Thank you though. I'm an old school Seadoo guy and I want a old school MPEM Programmer

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    those old school Seadoo programmers are practically gone these days.

Last time I saw one on ebay it went for over $1500. The prices on the remaining good condition units skyrocketed a couple of years ago. I got mine for $500 and it needed a little tweekeing before it would work. Mine came with a bonus as it came from snow country and has the skidoo software loaded too. As troublesome as mine is, I wouldn't part with it, After I _really_ retire..all I am going to do is make keys.

currently none around to buy on ebay

If you do find one be 100% sure it operates and you have the activation passcode, if you enter the wrong code three times it bricks the programmer.

Except for the PC/laptop need, you can't go wrong with a candoo..even the shop unlimited version will pay for itself in a couple of seasons.

+1
    you laugh, for you do not know... and must be talking bout the home version, shop is unlimited. You can get SBT's scanner (if your a dealer) it's not as good but cheaper and unlimited serials providing you sell like 10-15k a year (i do) it's free less cheap purchase price. You can hold out for a useable old school B.U.D.S.w/ passcode on flea bay or here (doubtful)...good luck and for the price you'll pay and the hassle,
    candoopro has many more usefull features and are constantly updating newest ski models and features(i.e. RFID key programming) if your serious about working professionally on seadoo's,or....maybe I'm wrong and your just an old school carburator type of guy please post back with which one you do end up going with

Thanks for the good advice guys. I'm not a ski repair guy in business but a two-stroke Seadoo guy who only plays with mid 90's carb skis. For years I have shopped the used market everyday. I buy all the rare parts and play with them here in the lake as a hobby. I'm compulsive though and have ran through over 100 Seadoos in the last three years.

I let two go last year(Buds Programmers) at $600 each. I thought I was only going to use AM ignitions from now on but I keep saving all the dead XP's and GSX's on CL to help fund my race ski builds. I bought a new Racing MPEM programmer for $500 last year(now that's rare!!!) but it never got the software and would not program keys so I sold it to another member for $500.

There is a boat repair place across the street from my Tree Service that programs my random DESS keys to skis/boats for me for $10 a pop. I just don't want to need anybody to work on what I specialize in. I'm hitting it hard now because I want to use the money I earned from helping racers to find a couple rare pieces for myself before the slower winter times and Christmas eats it up.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    keys for $10 a crack is such a good deal why bother buying your own programmer?

just build up a nice collection of coded mpems. or build some harnesses so you can just bring the mpem to the shop for programming.

aftermarket mpems don't use DESS..they just use the post magnet to turn on the ignition.

The future of two stroke key programming is getting thinner each week

Yes sir I'm "the guy" on mid 90's aftermarket stuff. However I finance my over the top Seadoo builds by resurrecting stock mid 90's Seadoos. I'm not in business so I don't want a relationship with SBT that requires me to buy a certain amount every so often.
    I'm not willing to be unable to read hrs and program keys. If I don't slow down I'll be doing my own cylinders and cranks before it's over. Keys have been a constant issue for me. I gotta have the old BUDS MPEM programmer. I will flush one out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FlMike View Post
    Candoo Pro makes the scanner tool for SBT http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=320251
    Correct, but for sbt the $400 initial purchase you could scan infinate ski's providing you hit their thresholds. Going to cost almost 2k to do that with candoo and 40$ yr for updates....op is not a business or dealer so he cannot explore that option.
    Nmpeter has a point that for 10 a key (and I'm sure they would tell you hours) is a deal. It would be real easy to make a test harness.
    Not to change subject....Got
    Any pictures/details of some of your over the top built seadoos? Good luck on your search.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information