Nashville, TN

Seven Deadly Questions: Aero & Aqsa Aswar (Gallery)

The Watercraft Journal: Could you tell us how you guys got involved in jet ski racing?

Aero Aswar: My dad started the whole racing thing. I believe I was 2-years-old when I started to get on a jet ski. At the age of 4, back home I had my first jet ski race. It was ranging from 4-8 years and I got first place. Other than jet skiing, I also go karting, motocross and ATV racing too, but jet skiing is my passion.
    Aqsa Aswar: My dad took me on the jet ski when I was 2-years-old and brought me to the races for my brother to watch, since then I got motivated and wanted to try race jet skis.

WCJ: Aero, could you tell us about your injury that occurred at the beginning of the season? How did you come back from that?
    Aero: During the Round 1 of the tour, I was trying to avoid a rider when we all know that swell in Pensacola was quite high. To me, it [the water] was fine. I love riding in the surf, it’s what I used too practice in back in Indonesia. At that point, I couldn’t see the racer underneath and when I jumped couple feet above and saw him down there it was a split second decision to slant the ski sideways and landed on a swell that approached me real quickly. Essentially, it was my knee versus landing on someone. Coming back from that incident, I’ve been practicing really hard on my upper body strength and little less on my lower body so that I can handle those fast skis that Dean Charrier built me.

The post Seven Deadly Questions: Aero & Aqsa Aswar (Gallery) appeared first on The Watercraft Journal.

More at WatercraftJournal.Com
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 11-05-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Thread Information