Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Any Changes? 2015 RXP-X

My wife's 2013 RXP-X has nearly 200 hours and she is wanting to trade to either a 2015 RXP-X or a Yami FZ SVHO. I'm a Yami guy so I'd rather see her get the FZ but at the end of the day I really don't care that much what she gets as long as she enjoys it. She loved her PX in terms of performance. She didn't have to deal with any of the maintenance or other issues (that is my job) so she has no opinion about that.

I'm really not looking for Yami vs Seadoo gobbledy gook I know both skis in years previous inside and out. Question is...

Besides color options are there any differences between the 2015 RXP-X and previous years.

I'm mostly concerned with things like the carbon seal, internal engine component upgrades, changes to the SC, Seadoos attitude toward warranty repair and the like. Have they upgraded any of the hardware or reduced the tendency for water to intrude into the engine compartment from the seat. Things like that. I know there are not many of them out there yet but are there rumors or observations?

I'm looking to buy as a Christmas present.

I don't think anything has changed except for the new RF DESS key which is supposed to work a lot faster than the previous models.

Has her 13 model held up fairly well for her?

+1
    10 hours on the ski it nearly sank. Up to the fuel rail with thankfully fresh water. We never could find out the cause and could only theorize the carbon seal developed a leak and then "resealed". 170 hours or so later it never happened again and there was never another problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post
    10 hours on the ski it nearly sank. Up to the fuel rail with thankfully fresh water. We never could find out the cause and could only theorize the carbon seal developed a leak and then "resealed". 170 hours or so later it never happened again and there was never another problem.
    The leak wouldnt have been a carbon seal. There has got to be some other weird issue, but its not the carbon seal. I keep making posts about it, they dont just fail, something has to cause the failure.

As far as any changes, no other than the RF DESS key. Everything is the same and the colors are different.

5. +1 by:

+1
    the only change is it got heavier by 10.5 kg. Besides that my carbon seal from 2006 which i ride seadoo never failed cause i never took it out on the sand or started it up where the water was shallow. if it takes any sand or small rock from the beach then it would tear it apart and it would cause a failure.

+1
    I can sell you a 14 and save some money if you are interested.... PM me for details....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I can sell you a 14 and save some money if you are interested.... PM me for details....
    Pm sent tiny!

+1
    Can the RF DESS backfit on the 2012? and I guess we have to go back to the dealer to reprog the key since Can Doo pro has the old DESS.

+1
    Not sure..I was looking at the wiring diagram yesterday to see if there was a separate module that would read the RF but there is not one....Might have to wait and see one in person and figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Olomana View Post
    Can the RF DESS backfit on the 2012? and I guess we have to go back to the dealer to reprog the key since Can Doo pro has the old DESS.
    Just FYI, we will have an update soon to allow programming the new RF DESS keys. It is a relatively minor change, instead of reading the new key info on our box, you will simply just place the new RF key on the post of the ski, and we will read it off the RF post and program it to the ECU. We already do this today with the Can Am ATV DESS keys.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information