Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

A little stand up help!

ok, I have always wanted a stand up jetski. In looking at the two available, kawi and yami. I know the yami is about 60lbs lighter, to me would make a huge difference, but I"d like to get some opinions from people who have ridden them before? Also I own 3 seadoos right now, but I have a double trailer, It carries my 94 xp and 2006 rxp. I'd like to some how get a stand up on it aswell.. does anyone know if this is possible? or if there are custom trailers available?

I have seen alot of guys put it across the front of trailer ,normally where your storage box sit's .. you may want to bend the ears of the H20 fellows ,
    http://www.x-h2o.com/ see what they recomend as preference!!
    Most here are those damn COUCH riders....

+1
    ya, I thought about putting it up there, which would work, cause I dont have a tool box up there. I would have to have some one fab a mount up and bunks though! Thanks for the link I'll check it out!

+1
    I personally like the sxr because of its size (im a bigger guy) the SJ is great and handles awesome but in rough water I like the sxr. Im not a pro rider by any means. Also the sxr is more stable on smooth water (some say thats bad but not me)

+1
    the sxr is alot cheaper! I wonder why there is such a weight difference. your saying the sj is smaller? I"m not gonna race, I want it as fun toy maybe learn a bit of freestyle with. Mostly all lake riding.

+1
    The sxr is larger (not sure exact weight) my big thing I liked about the sxr is the size of the rear pad area. A 200+ lb man can fit on it on his knees without crushing certain body parts. the sxr is 4" longer and 2" wider. And you do feel the size when ridding but for everyday riders its an awesome ski to ride.

have you ridden a stand up before?

+1
    I'm not a Kawi fan but the sxr is a better handling ski. I can outrun my friends on the sxr and they are veteran SJ guys. The guys I ride with in the summer put thier standups crossways in front of the sitdowns. Axle needs to be moved forward if possible or move boats back. The X-H2O guys will have lots of input.

+1
    FYI just ran over to the kawasaki dealer at lunch they have NEW 06 sxr's for 5399... no set up.. that seems to be a good deal to me!

+1
    ya, the yamis are like 1500 more I think. I have never ridden one, Always wanted too, and always wanted one, but never had a chance to ride one. no one I know has one, or rides them where I live. ITs rare to find a guy riding one. I know I would love it though!

My trailer is designed for more weight then I have on it now.. Its a shorelander, I believe its the heaver duty one. I know it can handle 2 rxps which are 800lbs each. RIght now I have one rxp on it, and my xp which is like 450.

first of all, do NOT buy a new SJ unless you have money burning in your pocket. you can get a used one for half the price. you'll also want at least a B pipe, prop, and heads to start out with to give it some pep. a stock SJ is pretty dull. the only downside to buying used is that they aren't the easiest to come by.

SXRs are flooding the market currently. check over on pwctoday and you'll see a ton of them. plus they sell for great prices since they're so many of them out there. $5399 for a new one is a good price though. i bought my 05 for $5350 which was $50 over invoice at the time.

in regards to which is better... it's pretty simple. the sxr is best for racing. it carves like no other. if you like to just cruise around and shred, then the sxr is for you. the SJ is lighter and smaller which makes it a far superior surf and freestyle ski.

i've owned two SJs (square nose and now a round nose) and an sxr. my sxr was just sold this winter since last season i only rode my sj. that should tell you something.

any questions feel free to ask.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information