Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Suggestions, diagnosis or possible cause of fluttering 300 x

Hello all. Thanks for all of your advice so far on my 300. I'm chasing an issue with it.

Hit the trigger, full boost on the gauge, top speed approx 50kmh or less. Its like its slipping, bogged down, fluttering?

I've just had a mate, thanks Gaz, put in a new charger belt and then tonight borrowed some spark plugs, thanks Trav, and its still doing it.

Ski is only bolt ons with only mechanical mods being Riva Scom, R&D Block off and R&D Filter Kit.

If the exhaust honey comb were to rust out and go into water box could it cause this or a blockage which would cause it? I would be surprised if this was the case due to recent service (Need to check invoices if it was done) but thats the only thing I can think of.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions to look at as to what it could be. Thanks.

Banned User
    +1
    Most definitely could be the filter, should check it to see before you go ride again. If thats what it is you could block up the whole flow and melt the exhaust hose going out the back....

+1
    If the flutter is a miss spark plugs. Full boost at what rpms? Doesnt sound right.

+1
    Get rid of the filter kit on the bypass valve if you are using it!! Possibly spraying oil onto the belt.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for the suggestions fellas. I do have that filter on and it seems dry but will have to get rid of it or relocate it. I pulled out the exhaust filter tonight and its fine but Ill get a new one and gaskets and continue to hunt. Ive got the new catch can coming from Jerry now so I will put it all back together when it arrives.

Before the belt was changed the boost gauge was on and off when it fluttered now it flys straight up but the ski doesn't go with it. I didn't check RPM which I should have but pretty sure only about half way on the gauge. We tried different plugs last night and that didn't make a change. I love the ski, haven't had it long but want to get it out there. Thanks again for your input.

+1
    Exhaust manifold water leak, the possibilities are endless.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Get rid of the filter kit on the bypass valve if you are using it!! Possibly spraying oil onto the belt.
    I reckon you've hit the nail on the head mate. I have taken it off today and there was a bit of oil in it and looked like some spray onto one of the intercooler pipes. Ive put the filter back in with new gaskets and its all back together for a water test. I hope the new belt is going to be ok and not have to come off again. Belt covers off and I washed the new belt as best I can without removing it so fingers crossed.

I've taken a few photos of the filter, the oil in it and discolouring of same after only a hand full of hours to put up here if this ends up being the problem so that no one else encounters this.

I tell you what though its been an interesting experience. Try and support local but one of QLD's "Biggest Kawasaki Dealers" still haven't replied to my email for parts a week and half ago, got to the local Kawasaki Dealer and its $360 for new plugs, brought the same from USA for $95 delivered.

This site and the service by Jerry is the best in the world. Prompt response and service. You guys over there in the US have got it good.

How did you clean the Belt ?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    I reckon you've hit the nail on the head mate. I have taken it off today and there was a bit of oil in it and looked like some spray onto one of the intercooler pipes. Ive put the filter back in with new gaskets and its all back together for a water test. I hope the new belt is going to be ok and not have to come off again. Belt covers off and I washed the new belt as best I can without removing it so fingers crossed.

I've taken a few photos of the filter, the oil in it and discolouring of same after only a hand full of hours to put up here if this ends up being the problem so that no one else encounters this.

I tell you what though its been an interesting experience. Try and support local but one of QLD's "Biggest Kawasaki Dealers" still haven't replied to my email for parts a week and half ago, got to the local Kawasaki Dealer and its $360 for new plugs, brought the same from USA for $95 delivered.

This site and the service by Jerry is the best in the world. Prompt response and service. You guys over there in the US have got it good.
    which dealer are you referring too ?

cause most have websites ?

why would you waste money buying sparkplugs from the states ????????????

considering EVERY auto shop in australia that sell NGK can supply the plugs you need !!!!!

something doesnt add up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-X 2011 View Post
    How did you clean the Belt ?
    Water and a little degreaser. Not ideal but no choice considering its in there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information