Thread: stand up help!

+1

stand up help!

ok, I have always wanted a stand up jetski. In looking at the two available, kawi and yami. I know the yami is about 60lbs lighter, to me would make a huge difference, but I"d like to get some opinions from people who have ridden them before? Also I own 3 seadoos right now, but I have a double trailer, It carries my 94 xp and 2006 rxp. I'd like to some how get a stand up on it aswell.. does anyone know if this is possible? or if there are custom trailers available?

+1
    Here's how I tow 2 polaris couches, and 2 standup Kawi's; a 440 and a 440 converted to a 5Fiddy. Just a simple 2 ski Waterbug trailer that I built a deck on with cheap composite decking from a closeout store. Granted, it's HEAVY, but not above the trailer max weight. Skipping the Trex and just doing a set or two of barge boards would have been a lot lighter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2002.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	768.4 KB 
ID:	21882  

+1
    ya, thats similar to what I want to do, just fit my superjet up in front there somehow.

+1
    Hardest part of that deck was curving the pressure treated 2x4's to go around the curves on the front of the trailer. Finally just put about 30 cuts into the back of the 2x4, about halfway through, to allow the board to bend; then I just used carriage bolts to hold them to the trailer.

A couple of things I'd do differently on that setup:

Screw down some sort of boards to stop the skis from sliding around. Maybe some pressure treated 2x4's or just a second trex board, to stop the skis from moving fore and aft during braking or going up hills?

One of those pin deals to pin the nose into one place, so it won't slide off during hard cornering!

Right now I just drive slowly, carefully, and I did put some extra hydroturf I had on those uprights for the couches, to prevent the skis from sliding into them and getting scratched.

+1
    I was thinking, of having two pieces of tubing welded in so I can attach to more bunk rails just like the other bunk rails are instaled like. Then some how also adding a clip to hold the nose in. Just have to find someone in the area that can do the welding and tubing work for me.

Thread Information