+1

07 to 08+ midpipe exhaust setup, water routing question

I am going to be taking out my 07 jpipe set up and installing an 08+ midpipe setup in my RXP with Riva rear exhaust.. The Riva rear exit pipe has the water fitting blocked off as it was for an RXT and I would like to keep it that way as to not suppress the sound and have the best sound.

Now.. I know the water line coming from the top of the exhaust manifold is going to now split and go to the midpipe fitting and to the new 08+ waterbox fitting.

I know that the water/flush line originally coming off of the top of the jpipe will now be routed to the bottom fitting on the exhaust manifold..

my question is what do I do with the line that was split off from the bottom exhaust manifold fitting to the bottom jpipe fitting that went to my stock exhaust exit for sound suppression? If I don't use this anymore would I be running too much water to the exhaust with just my routings listed above not having that exit water line?

could I split off of something and run it to a thru hull pisser so that I am not running too much water to the water box? And if so, what new line now would I split off of to run to a pisser? Thank you in advance for your help, I'm scratching my head at this one and searching only turned up results not addressing that line..

TJ

+1
    Ditch the hose that connects the bottom mani to bottom j pipe and t's off to exhaust outlet. Connect the hose that was connected to top of J pipe to bottom mani and your done.

+1
    Check if there's an extra boss on the pump shoe, u could open for a dump port

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Check if there's an extra boss on the pump shoe, u could open for a dump port
    The hose that comes off of the top of the J pipe already dumps to the pump shoe. Connecting this directly to the bottom exhaust mani outlet provides WB by pass. Running more hoses off of the same outlet source is pointless I think.

+1
    Here are the picks from my 06 RXP that i converted to the 08 setup...The pics below are how i ran my water lines on top(Per 07 OEM water routing)..On the bottom i just ran the flush line to the bottom of the exhaust manifold...No other lines or "T"s..(All hoses used were from the J pipe setup except the "L" hose that goes down the top of the water box)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3129.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	346470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3126.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	1,008.7 KB 
ID:	346471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3875.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	346475  

+1
    Sounds good guys, I appreciate it, looks like ill do it that way.. Just didn't know if I needed to split it again as to not run too much into the midpipe/waterbox but if that's how you guys are doing it that good with me..

So guys running rear exit on a pre 08 RXP with the new midpipe setup are not running any water line to rear exit pipe? Just blocking it off as Riva states to do for an RXT?

Thread Information