Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474

    S3 Rxtx drive shaft end float ???

    Ok I can't find any in measurement on what the S3 drive shaft end float or play needs to be ...

    I have set mine at 5 mm but would like some feed back on other S3 owners ...


  2. #2
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    the basic setup is the same across all the 4tec seadoos correct? 1/4" or a hair more is what I use on everything I work on. Never had an issue to date.

  3. #3
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,849
    +1
    742
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 9.50.23 AM.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	346472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 9.50.57 AM.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	346473


    The shop manual clearly shows how to set the Longitudinal Axis with the 2 lines marked on the alignment shaft.

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    1/4 inch = 6.3 mm

    iam pretty close , but the S3 I found had much more from factory and noticed many S3 with light tention on Carbon seal ......
    thanks ...

  6. #5
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,849
    +1
    742
    Note the length between Line A and B is only 3 mm!

  7. #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    3,444
    +1
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    the basic setup is the same across all the 4tec seadoos correct? 1/4" or a hair more is what I use on everything I work on. Never had an issue to date.
    You must be of the camp, measure with a micrometer cut with an axe. Do you use the German torque specification 'Good-N-Tight' as well?

    That's for gaying my thread...you

  8. #7
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    Well if the alignment tool is 3mm then my TX from factory was miles out .. The best I could get was about 8mm ...

    after some engine mount mods I got it down to 5mm ...

    thanks guys .

  9. #8

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    3,444
    +1
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    Well if the alignment tool is 3mm then my TX from factory was miles out .. The best I could get was about 8mm ...

    after some engine mount mods I got it down to 5mm ...

    thanks guys .
    so your saying you can't push your engine far enough aft to get within the 3mm tolerance? Something doesn't sound correct.

  10. #9
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    Tell me about it , been out today with XXX and no issue at all ...

  11. #10
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    the basic setup is the same across all the 4tec seadoos correct? 1/4" or a hair more is what I use on everything I work on. Never had an issue to date.
    You must be of the camp, measure with a micrometer cut with an axe. Do you use the German torque specification 'Good-N-Tight' as well?

    That's for gaying my thread...you
    You don't get a say in anything anymore you turbo homo.

    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    Tell me about it , been out today with XXX and no issue at all ...
    BAM!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Removing 2010 RXTX drives shaft
    By Pete1027 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2017, 08:31 AM
  2. do these drive shaft ends look good ? thx
    By 1999-SLTX in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 01:49 AM
  3. RXP Drive Shaft End Plug gone?
    By skigolfnut in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 07:28 PM
  4. FS - Parts Rad4 Torque spacer & custom Rad4 bearing carrier & rxtx drive shaft
    By ou812 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 09:51 PM
  5. WTB - Parts Wtb rxtx drive shaft
    By fast1197r in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 10:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •