Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Can You Help Me! Oil Spray

    Hi guys, I found a bit of oil spray on the house that goes over the exhaust collector. Im posting a picture, unfortunately I cleaned it before thinking about taking the picture, so I downloaded a photo of an engine that looks just like mine and painted in red exactly where the oil spray is and how it looks, its easier to see this way. Its not much oil, but Im worried.


    its a 255hp.


    Hope someone can tell me what this is, what do I have to do and how bad it is.. Thanks!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP-engine.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	346495


  2. #2
    dpracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,244
    +1
    246
    Possibly a valve cover leaking ???

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Yeah that^^^^^ as there is no oil lines or anything else that could spray oil down there, just replace your valve cover gasket and you should be good to go! Only takes a few minutes to do

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosta View Post
    Yeah that^^^^^ as there is no oil lines or anything else that could spray oil down there, just replace your valve cover gasket and you should be good to go! Only takes a few minutes to do
    Thanks, yeah it looks like the valve cover. Do I have to drain the oil to do this? or can I just open it up once I get the gasket? Im going to see if I can find more info and instructions on how to do this.

  6. #5
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,931
    +1
    1,407
    No need to drain oil the gasket is an rubber ring and rarely go bad check that the cover bolts are tight. The hose in question is your oil breather hose so also check the clamps on each end and for any wear on the hose itself.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    No need to drain oil the gasket is an rubber ring and rarely go bad check that the cover bolts are tight. The hose in question is your oil breather hose so also check the clamps on each end and for any wear on the hose itself.
    The hose looks fine. Do I need to remove the spark plugs to remove the cover?

  8. #7
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,931
    +1
    1,407
    No

  9. #8
    Thanks!!

  10. #9
    Just get a plastic trip tool or flat head screw driver and prise the plastic cover off the rocker cover, unclip the coil pugs, pull coils out, undo the breather hose clip off the cover and pull hose off, undo the rocker cover 10mm bolts (I think they are 10mm can't quite remember) then pull cover off and replace gasket if needed.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosta View Post
    Just get a plastic trip tool or flat head screw driver and prise the plastic cover off the rocker cover, unclip the coil pugs, pull coils out, undo the breather hose clip off the cover and pull hose off, undo the rocker cover 10mm bolts (I think they are 10mm can't quite remember) then pull cover off and replace gasket if needed.
    Awesome!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Can you help me?
    By carlos accord in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 07:46 PM
  2. Can you help me wit my rave valves??????
    By ashelgren in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 06:36 AM
  3. Can you help me disconnect 2 cables..
    By HallPass in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 08:57 PM
  4. Can you help me figure out this supercharger dilemma?
    By JAG in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 06:30 PM
  5. Hay CrazyA can you help me?
    By mboley in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 08:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •