Can You Help Me! Oil Spray

Hi guys, I found a bit of oil spray on the house that goes over the exhaust collector. Im posting a picture, unfortunately I cleaned it before thinking about taking the picture, so I downloaded a photo of an engine that looks just like mine and painted in red exactly where the oil spray is and how it looks, its easier to see this way. Its not much oil, but Im worried.

its a 255hp.

Hope someone can tell me what this is, what do I have to do and how bad it is.. Thanks!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP-engine.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	346495

+1
    Possibly a valve cover leaking ???

3. +1 by:

Yeah that^^^^^ as there is no oil lines or anything else that could spray oil down there, just replace your valve cover gasket and you should be good to go! Only takes a few minutes to do

Quote Originally Posted by Fosta View Post
    Yeah that^^^^^ as there is no oil lines or anything else that could spray oil down there, just replace your valve cover gasket and you should be good to go! Only takes a few minutes to do
    Thanks, yeah it looks like the valve cover. Do I have to drain the oil to do this? or can I just open it up once I get the gasket? Im going to see if I can find more info and instructions on how to do this.

+1
    No need to drain oil the gasket is an rubber ring and rarely go bad check that the cover bolts are tight. The hose in question is your oil breather hose so also check the clamps on each end and for any wear on the hose itself.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    No need to drain oil the gasket is an rubber ring and rarely go bad check that the cover bolts are tight. The hose in question is your oil breather hose so also check the clamps on each end and for any wear on the hose itself.
    The hose looks fine. Do I need to remove the spark plugs to remove the cover?

+1
    No

Thanks!!

Just get a plastic trip tool or flat head screw driver and prise the plastic cover off the rocker cover, unclip the coil pugs, pull coils out, undo the breather hose clip off the cover and pull hose off, undo the rocker cover 10mm bolts (I think they are 10mm can't quite remember) then pull cover off and replace gasket if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosta View Post
    Just get a plastic trip tool or flat head screw driver and prise the plastic cover off the rocker cover, unclip the coil pugs, pull coils out, undo the breather hose clip off the cover and pull hose off, undo the rocker cover 10mm bolts (I think they are 10mm can't quite remember) then pull cover off and replace gasket if needed.
    Awesome!

Thread Information