Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Upgrade supercharger?

Hi, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to jet skis, I have just purchased an 2007 seadoo Rxp 215, and it is due for its 100hr service, which means I need to get the supercharger done. It has been brought to my attention that it may be a viable option to switch out to an xcharger and 42lb injectors. My Rxp is completely stock except an after market intake grate.
    Would this be a viable option, and where would be my best place to source these items at a reasonable price that would post to australia?
    any help from those in the know would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    Rebuild the stock charger and install an ET 127 wheel, 42lb injectors and a prop repitch and you will be impressed. I did this to a previous RXP, put about 60 hours on it afterward with no problems at all.

Is possible make This, supercharger impeller from 255/260 is same,front housing S.C. ,injectors green 255, Solas 14/19,and if you install intercooler your ski is Very fast , 260 have problem for pass your ski .

+1
    Ok thanks for that info, so does changing to an xcharger and 42lb injectors not just make it the same as the 255 model?

+1
    To make it same as 255 requires an external intercooler and 255 ECU (engine control unit). You can run an x charger w/o the 42's as long as you keep the stock air Intake....once you modify the intake you start running too lean and need to run 42's...it will be rich on fuel at low rpm's due to the emm thinking it has 38# injectors until the added boost (air) comes on

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by samui View Post
    Is possible make This, supercharger impeller from 255/260 is same,front housing S.C. ,injectors green 255, Solas 14/19,and if you install intercooler your ski is Very fast , 260 have problem for pass your ski .
    Misleading info the front housing is not the same. The rear housing on a 2011 and newer is the same as the X charger. He will need a new front and rear housing at that point go with a whole X charger or ET 127 wheel in the current housing. I went with the 127 and holy sh*t.
    Last edited by surferd15; 11-10-2014 at 09:38 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samui View Post
    Misleading info the front housing is not the same. The rear housing on a 2011 and newer is the same as the X charger. He will need a new front and rear housing at that point go X charger or ET 127. I went with the 127 and holy sh*t.
    That what i thought. i've got an 08+ red charger and i thought i had to update to an x charger housing for a 127 wheel because of the differences but i guess i am wrong! Nice!
    Last edited by lilman573; 11-10-2014 at 02:12 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xxx2 View Post
    To make it same as 255 requires an external intercooler and 255 ECU (engine control unit). You can run an x charger w/o the 42's as long as you keep the stock air Intake....once you modify the intake you start running too lean and need to run 42's...it will be rich on fuel at low rpm's due to the emm thinking it has 38# injectors until the added boost (air) comes on
    Thanks, that makes alot more sense, i was thinking along the lines of, if your adding more boost and more fuel then you would assume that the ecu would need to know to make it run correctly.
    As you have stated, it sounds like it would work, just not completely safe if the engine starts to lean out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by aaameteorites View Post
    A rebuild kit goes for about $325 Us dollars and one can easily rebuilt it themselves, I do. You are talking about thousands of dollars for a few extra Km/hr. It requires much more then just injectors and xcharger to enhance anything on them.. Also your engine is put on death row as it can be easily damaged by the performance parts. Don't count on the unit to be reliable after spending thousands..
    Listen to people who have had these skis and done this to them mate. Buy the X Charger and 42's. The ski will be fine. This is safe and not pushing the ski compared to many other chargers you could put in.

I had it and was very happy with it. No issues at all. The X charger gives you more options down the track eg bigger boost wheels when you want more speed. Its a cheap option.

The engine will not run lean with 42's.

+1
    Ok, so I could:
    1) run an xcharger with stock injectors and stock intake and it will be fine.

2) run an xcharger with 42 injectors and a moded air intake and it will be fine

3) run the rebuilt stock charger with a et127 wheel and 42 injectors, but would need to change the front and rear housings anyway?
    Unsure of the difference between an xcharger and running a et127 wheel.

I am interested why the ski would be put on death row by doing the upgrade, as I don't think running rich on low rpm should cause it to let go? As opposed to running lean.

Can the stock ecu in my Rxp be modified or retuned to compensate for any modifications like this, or could you get a ecu from a 255 setup and do a straight swap?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information