Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

New owner of a pro 1200

Well I figured I would share with you guys my new toy. I purchased a pretty mint 2000 pro 1200. MFD only says 33 hours.... Who knows if it's correct. But it's a one owner, compression at 135 across the board on my gauge, 145 on his. Starts over with no choke or anything and idles nice. Still want to change out the lines and maybe rebuild the carbs for peace of mind

only negative the seat latch broke..so they were using a strap to hold the seat to the hull. I will be correcting this. Already have an oem polaris performance seat cover on the way. Oem polaris I guess but it's different than stock. I'll post when I get it. Need to do something about the seat base though still. Suggestions?

Going to keep this one remotely stock.... For now atleast. Lol Still buying parts for my project 785 build.

Also debating on taking out the oil injection or not. Guess people say they are reliable. Took it out pf both my 785s. Not sure what I want to do to this one. Well here is some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	346607  

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	128 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	346615Click image for larger version. 

Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	346613Click image for larger version. 

Views:	151 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	346614Click image for larger version. 

Views:	125 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	346612Click image for larger version. 

Views:	130 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	346608

+1
    And one of my 785, 1200 is clean but doesn't hold a candle as far as clean to my 785.

should look pretty good on a double trailer.. Which brings my next question. Anyone in the indiana Michigan Wisconsin area have a double ski trailer they are looking to get rid of. Condition doesn't matter. Or possibly trade for two single trailers? I'll be posting this in the classifieds as well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	346617  

Banned User
    +1
    I have repaired a few of those seat bases. A plastic welder kit works beautifully on it. Do not try to use some sort of adhesive. Nothing will stick to the polyethylene seat base.

+1
    Nice I have a set of triple pipes coming in in a few weeks I have many one piece head covers,intakes and a few carb setups too
    and more for a pro 1200 also sets of the factory race team pipes let me know when your ready lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I have repaired a few of those seat bases. A plastic welder kit works beautifully on it. Do not try to use some sort of adhesive. Nothing will stick to the polyethylene seat base.
    the plastic on the seat is cracked a little, but there is no latch. So going to get a latch and put a metal backing between the seat and latch possibly.. Think it might solve it..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerminator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    the plastic on the seat is cracked a little, but there is no latch. So going to get a latch and put a metal backing between the seat and latch possibly.. Think it might solve it..
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108732

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    Nice I have a set of triple pipes coming in in a few weeks I have many one piece head covers,intakes and a few carb setups too
    and more for a pro 1200 also sets of the factory race team pipes let me know when your ready lol
    Bob,

Going to try my best to keep it stock But once my 97 gets running I probably will purchase intake, reeds, and head cover from you.... lol dammit why do I like these old ass polaris skis. But main project now is the 97, I'm still waiting to hear about those reed tippers. Let me know man. Pay pal ready.

+1
    Thanks crazyA. Reading the post now. Good info.

Banned User
    +1
    Somewhere around here is a thread about how i repaired 1 of mine and one for Drkvampire. We tried a second one with only the plastic welder and it has lasted this season with no sign of giving out. The plastic welder seems to make the repair as strong as the original plastic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information