Anything good about a 2011 RXT 260 IS?

Hi guys,

Sold my GTR215 a couple of months back and looking to replace it now. I can get an RXT 260 IS for decent money but not really read many good things about them. Is a lot of this just scare mongering? I would always be taking it out of the water after every ride, so guess the sinking issue is not huge for me. The one I am looking at has just had the charger done by the dealer. Most of my riding would be in a mildly choppy river and in the ocean, so thinking the suspension may suit these conditions.

So guess my real question is, anyone have one of these and actually like them? With the weight being extra, will it feel slow compared to my old GTR?

I have aS, which is basically the manual version of iS and love it (also hate it).

To work on it is a bitch, doable, but adds hours sometimes days to a job. I swear at her, threaten to burn her and sink her, but as soon as I'm out riding I forgive her 110%.

She's heavy, but that helps with stabillity. I've modded mine quite a bit, but stock out of the box she doesn't hang around. Throw on a v-tech tune to drop the limiters and it's a different machine. I'm hitting circa 74/75 mph depending on weather etc. But silky smooth and very secure / planted. Out of the hole, in sport, she'll leap two foot out the water, twice before hooking up (if you trim right, shift body weight and feed the throttle she bites and doesn't leave the surface or give up pulling, you'd better have a good grip). Hope that answers the performance worries, it should.

You can eat most things in the chop with the S3 hull but nothing will stay near you for comfort. You can continue to ride the rough stuff when those around you have quit out with burnt out legs, arms and core muscles.

Buy it, it may cost you to fix it up, but when she's singing I assure you that you'll have a big smug grin all over your face.

Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    I have aS, which is basically the manual version of iS and love it (also hate it).

To work on it is a bitch, doable, but adds hours sometimes days to a job. I swear at her, threaten to burn her and sink her, but as soon as I'm out riding I forgive her 110%.

She's heavy, but that helps with stabillity. I've modded mine quite a bit, but stock out of the box she doesn't hang around. Throw on a v-tech tune to drop the limiters and it's a different machine. I'm hitting circa 74/75 mph depending on weather etc. But silky smooth and very secure / planted. Out of the hole, in sport, she'll leap two foot out the water, twice before hooking up (if you trim right, shift body weight and feed the throttle she bites and doesn't leave the surface or give up pulling, you'd better have a good grip). Hope that answers the performance worries, it should.

You can eat most things in the chop with the S3 hull but nothing will stay near you for comfort. You can continue to ride the rough stuff when those around you have quit out with burnt out legs, arms and core muscles.

Buy it, it may cost you to fix it up, but when she's singing I assure you that you'll have a big smug grin all over your face.
    Great excerpt.... Couldn't have said it better myself. Most comfortable machine I've ever ridden and jumps like no other even as heavy as it is. The shock flexing downward especially w a rider or two on back make it launch right up out of flat calm water. So much fun to ride w passengers. Good luck

Thread Information