How to Winterize - '94 Waveraider

You guys were a huge help in buying my raiders this summer, so know I need some help in packing them away for the winter. I have had a boat for nearly 20 years, so I am accustom to the fuel stabilizer, fogging, and antifreeze routine but didn't know the path to take with the skis. They will be stored inside with covers, but no heat.

Thanks for any help.

+1
    It is really quite easy. Just make sure you have tilted the ski up as high as you can to ensure all water is out. Then remove the plugs and spray some fogger oil into the cyls. Then pump the starter a few cranks ... do not need to start, just turn to work some fogging oil in, then replace plugs. Remove battery, and place on shelf or work bench. Then remove filter cover & spray into the carbs. If fuel is still in tanks add Staybil to gas. i would plan on draining all gas out next start of season ... then no worries. That is about it. No antifreez is needed. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    It is really quite easy. Just make sure you have tilted the ski up as high as you can to ensure all water is out. Then remove the plugs and spray some fogger oil into the cyls. Then pump the starter a few cranks ... do not need to start, just turn to work some fogging oil in, then replace plugs. Remove battery, and place on shelf or work bench. Then remove filter cover & spray into the carbs. If fuel is still in tanks add Staybil to gas. i would plan on draining all gas out next start of season ... then no worries. That is about it. No antifreez is needed. Good luck

EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID! dont worry about antifreeze if you pour it in engine it will run strait thru and out on ground..but i would spray the fogging oil trough the carb while running to coat the crank bearings. If the inside of hull is dry as a bone thats not really a biggie imo

Thread Information