Which prop for my setup?

Hey guys

I am looking to fit a new prop to my ski as it appears the current is not the right one!

I got an 05 RXT with X Charger, Injectors and cold air intake. It currently has a Solas SRX-CD-13/18 and once up and going it seems to go well but cavitates on launch something shocking, like from a stand still or when spinning around and the like - its frustrating! as from a stand still i gas it, appears to not go far then just launches eventually after teh cavitation

Wear ring is a little worn and pump is OK, havnt been able to get to carbon seal easily to check as it seems like charger has to be removed?

now, for the new prop I am not really chasing top speed, but hard acceleration, i want it to really launch when squeezing the throttle. from a stand still i want it to almost jump out of the water when i gas it (if possible)

I have an SS wear ring on its way already, but am seeking the correct prop

Some people say the 14/19, others say the 15/21 in Australia for our waters?

What is going to give me the feel i am after and be a good fit for the ski without damaging anything?

Thanks

+1
    what do you want for max rpm?

Just a safe limit I assume 8150rpm

+1
    I had an 05 rxt w/ similar mods, see sig below, and was told on here to run a 15/20R. Good all around performance. However I did put a VTS on it to avoid as much cavitation as possible

How was it launching from stand still

Quote Originally Posted by buzurk View Post
    Hey guys

I am looking to fit a new prop to my ski as it appears the current is not the right one!

I got an 05 RXT with X Charger, Injectors and cold air intake...Wear ring is a little worn and pump is OK, havnt been able to get to carbon seal easily to check as it seems like charger has to be removed?

now, for the new prop I am not really chasing top speed, but hard acceleration, i want it to really launch when squeezing the throttle. from a stand still i want it to almost jump out of the water when i gas it (if possible)

I have an SS wear ring on its way already, but am seeking the correct prop

Some people say the 14/19, others say the 15/21 in Australia for our waters?

Does water behave differently south of the equator? What kinda cold air intake do you have?

I run a smaller wheel...S3, oem fuel, torq plate, rear air...wedge skegs...flushed grate...freebies. In fresh water @ 800' with a 14/19+2 I'm launching outa the hole and in cold weather...2up outa the water...no sht.

You get a 15/20 or taller...and you might...might launch harder...but it will dog you up top something terrible. To run a 15/20 or better you gotta have an exic. Don't overlook the rest of your boat...you got a whole lotta hull causing drag that you should be addressing.

Thread Information