Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Kawasaki ultra 250x boost issue... Need help!

I posted a thread over the summer for my issue and tried different things but nothing working. Ever since I put my ski in for this past season I have been having an issue maintaining full boost. The ski would hit full boost and top speed but after about a minute at full speed the ski would start sputtering and I would notice the boost drop to around 6psi. This would happen every time under full acceleration. I thought plugs at first and fuel but I don't believe that to be the issue. My intercooler is fine, no water lines loose or detached, etc... . The belt seemed to be putting out a lot of grime over the past two years and the ski has about 100hrs so I decided to change it in hopes of that resolving the issue. After changing the belt, everything seemed to be great, full speed, full boost, etc... . After about a half an hour of riding the ski began sputtering and boost was dropping again. I tightened the belt a little more and the ski again ran perfect for about 5 minutes and then began sputtering again. I don't know what else to do, the ski was great for 4 years now I'm ready to junk the damn thing. The ski was fine when winterized before this past season so I don't know what happened while winterized. All I did was put in new plugs and dropped in water.

+1
    Did u use a gauge when checking the tension? Did u look inside the intercooler?

+1
    have the paddles started to peel?

Do you really need a gauge to tell how tight the belt is? I've always done it by feel

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin willis View Post
    Do you really need a gauge to tell how tight the belt is? I've always done it by feel
    YES

good tool to have, can't be accused of guessing.

what do you mean by paddles? and I did not use a gauge but I'm pretty sure i have it tight enough. At the longest stretch of the belt I have to really use full strength to be able to twist it 90 degrees

I did not use a gauge. I'm pretty sure I have it tight enough. At the longest stretch, i really have to use full strength to twist it 90 degrees. One thing I have noticed is that the new belt seems to be putting out a black grime.

+1
    Keep guessing then maybe its too tight maybe it isn't. .

Where do you get the gauge? Do I have to get it from Kawasaki or is there a cheaper aftermarket tool?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information