Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

*URGENT HELP NEEDED* Please help

Heres the situation guys. Went to winterize my 2013 FZS with around 30 hours on it, hasn't been used since august so the battery was weak. So I charge the battery yesterday and about half and hour ago I popped the battery back in to winterize it. Put key in ignition, hit the start button and the engine turns over multiple times but doesn't start. Give it a 2 minute rest and start cranking again while this time I hit the throttle a couple times, engine sputtered a couple times and sounded like it wanted to start. Battery was getting weak, but I figured it had enough to turn it over again. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the green unlock light flashing so I figured maybe someone messed with the lock/unlock key fob (to my knowledge was never used). So I hit the unlock button and the light flashed, so now I try turning it over and NOTHING, won't crank, the display won't come on and the only thing that happens is the little green light flashes. I attached a video. This is urgent guys, my area is going to get a polar freeze soon and I need to winterize it, now I'm worried there might be and electrical problem. Please help a brother out.

Video:

View My Video

+1
    I cannot view your video but in August everything was running before parked correct? Battery you found as weak so you tried to charge it. Did you charge it outside the ski then reinstall? It is sounding like the battery could be the culprit to me. The voltage may be just enough to crank it over but not enough to excite the ecu. I had this problem before. Installed new battery and poof, all fixed. These small batteries are not near as recoverable as a car battery. Once they go, they're worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by LugNutLS1 View Post
    I cannot view your video but in August everything was running before parked correct? Battery you found as weak so you tried to charge it. Did you charge it outside the ski then reinstall? It is sounding like the battery could be the culprit to me. The voltage may be just enough to crank it over but not enough to excite the ecu. I had this problem before. Installed new battery and poof, all fixed. These small batteries are not near as recoverable as a car battery. Once they go, they're worthless.
    After I took the battery out, charged it and popped it in it cranked over fine. Multiple times In fact. Just recharged it and still nothing. Only thing that happens is the green unlock light flashes. This happend after I played with remote. The display won't even come on. Going to find my volt meter to see if battery is good. Really hope I didn't fry anything. It's really confusing how it was cranking and boom it just stopped.

Is there a circuit breaker or maybe I possibly blew a fuse? Could that be it?

The little green unlock light still sporadically flashes when I hit the remote.

What's really throwing me off is how everything went dead as soon as I touched that damn remote. Now if it was locked would the display still come on?

+1
    Something just to try before you get a new battery. Unplug the negative battery cable for 3 mins. Then unplug the ecu. Crank over starter for about 5 seconds. Plug back in ecu and let sit about 5 mins. Then try to restart.

+1
    Bad battery connection is my guess.

+1
    Sound like low voltage.....

+1
    replace the remote battery so it can arm and disarm the ski properly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information