Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: fzr graphics

  1. #1
    tealgreen2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    miami gardens
    Posts
    305
    +1
    8

    fzr graphics

    Does anyone know anywhere that I can get the new blue 2014 graphics in a different color made


  2. #2
    RIVERA RACING RIVERA RACING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,579
    +1
    87

  3. #3
    Ski Hacks MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,253
    +1
    990
    You wont. Graphics shop don't reproduce factory graphic schemes because they are so................well, let's just say...............boring.

  4. #4
    tealgreen2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    miami gardens
    Posts
    305
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    You wont. Graphics shop don't reproduce factory graphic schemes because they are so................well, let's just say...............boring.
    i wanna keep the factory look but with a different color scheme

  5. #5
    Ski Hacks MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,253
    +1
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by tealgreen2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    You wont. Graphics shop don't reproduce factory graphic schemes because they are so................well, let's just say...............boring.
    i wanna keep the factory look but with a different color scheme
    At my shop, it would be a custom reproduction, which could get costly depending on the scheme.

  6. #6
    liquid chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hutto TX
    Posts
    1,307
    +1
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tealgreen2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    You wont. Graphics shop don't reproduce factory graphic schemes because they are so................well, let's just say...............boring.
    i wanna keep the factory look but with a different color scheme
    At my shop, it would be a custom reproduction, which could get costly depending on the scheme.

    so a "custom reproduction" doesn't violate any copyright laws? Did you purchase rights from Yamaha to use their logo/name?

  7. #7
    DH300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,149
    +1
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by tealgreen2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    You wont. Graphics shop don't reproduce factory graphic schemes because they are so................well, let's just say...............boring.
    i wanna keep the factory look but with a different color scheme
    you could get a custom kit from IPD and tell them you want factory style with whatever color you choose. Let me know if you are interested in doing this and I might can get you a good deal.

  8. #8
    Ski Hacks MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,253
    +1
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    so a "custom reproduction" doesn't violate any copyright laws?
    No, not for my company but I cannot speak for anyone other individuals or companies.

    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    Did you purchase rights from Yamaha to use their logo/name?
    I'd be more than happy to forward you to my companies legal department/team if you would like to ask legal questions.

    FWIW, I worked with many corporations when reproducing vintage NASCAR contingency and main sponsor graphics for Bill Elliott Racing when they were operating in Dawson County, GA. Obtaining permission to use a corporate logo is not about "purchasing" the rights. It's about having proper paperwork in place. I have been in this industry for 24 years so this isn't my first rodeo.

  9. #9
    liquid chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hutto TX
    Posts
    1,307
    +1
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    so a "custom reproduction" doesn't violate any copyright laws?
    No, not for my company but I cannot speak for anyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    Did you purchase rights from Yamaha to use their logo/name?
    I'd be more than happy to forward you to my legal department/team if you would like to ask legal questions.

    sure please do.

    i ask because i sent you a PM a while back asking if you could make me a orange Seadoo sticker in the seadog font. you replied saying you dont mess with copyrighted logos and i accepted that but now you say you can do "custom reproductions" well Yamaha and the tuning fork image are copyrighted no matter what color you make them even if it is a "custom reproduction"

    so an orange sticker would fall under a "custom reproduction" so yeah please send me your legal teams info.

  10. #10
    liquid chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hutto TX
    Posts
    1,307
    +1
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    FWIW, I worked with many corporations when reproducing vintage NASCAR contingency and main sponsor graphics for Bill Elliott Racing when they were operating in Dawson County, GA. Obtaining permission to use a corporate logo is not about "purchasing" the rights. It's about having proper paperwork in place. I have been in this industry for 24 years so this isn't my first rodeo.

    since this was added after i replied before let me phrase this in a simple way since this isnt your first rodeo.

    FYI its a yes or no answer.. ready? here is the question..

    Did you get permission from Yamaha to reproduce the Yamaha name and/or logo?
    if the answer is yes - FANTASTIC i hope someone buys a kit so we can see your work
    if the answer is no - well.. there ya go.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. fzr minus some graphics
    By bm27 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 04:39 PM
  2. FZR/FZS without graphics?
    By StockYami in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 02:46 PM
  3. Lost Graphics Found!!!
    By RM_RXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 01:40 PM
  4. Lost Graphics Found
    By RM_RXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 02:54 PM
  5. Need some graphics
    By lawracing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •