Xl ltd oil block off questions

So if I go to a oil block off kit on the XL will the bottom end then be getting oil at idle?

If I do this I imagine I must close the fuel selector and run it out of gas, but then what? Do I then use a compressor open both res and on and blow that gas back to the tank so I'm not running it on no oil while that gas clears?
    Would 32:1 be a good ratio?
    Thanks

+1
    With pre-mix,as long as it gets fuel, it gets oil.

I would fill your tank with gas, look up how many gallons it holds, then dump appropriate amount of oil into gas tank. The trailer ride to water and/or first few minutes on water will mix it up nicely.

I ran 40:1 on my XL1200

+1
    If you haven't put the block off on yet, premix the gas and run it a couple of minutes. then you will have premix in the carbs, then remove the oil pump. If you already did the block off, add the calculated amount of oil (for the entire amount of gas in tank and this mix) to some gas ( little extra will not hurt a thing) to mix it good, then add it to the tank. Slosh it around good, remove the RETURN line from the fuel tank and run it to a bottle. put a small amount of air into the fuel tank thru the return fitting, that will push fuel thru the carbs and out the return line which you have going to a bottle. 50-1 is plenty for a XLL, thats what I use and I use 40-1 for a highly modified 1390 GPR with no issues.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    remove the RETURN line from the fuel tank and run it to a bottle. put a small amount of air into the fuel tank thru the return fitting, that will push fuel thru the carbs and out the return line which you have going to a bottle.
    This is the technique I use with a new set of carbs... pushes fuel all the way through and will start right up w/minimal cranking.

-Greg

Thread Information