Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kokomo, In
    Posts
    73

    GPR coupler stripped off!!

    ok well some how ive managed to strip all the threads off of the coupler that threads to the intermediate shaft.

    is this a common problem?
    do i want to just put a stock coupler on it?
    whats the best fix?

    thanks
    chris


  2. #2
    philip_gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,724
    +1
    3
    is this a common problem?

    no

    do i want to just put a stock coupler on it?

    yes

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kokomo, In
    Posts
    73
    yes i called jim today also he said the same thing...he said he had never seen one do that before...

    i guess im just the odd ball

    figures i ordered the shaft and bearring and seals to put the new inter shaft in....guess i will just be hanging on to those parts untill it goes....


    anyone need a shaft and berring and seals for the housing?

  4. #4
    It happen to me a couple of years ago. Not a good felling being at the middle of the lake with a ski idling an no cooling water running thru the engine. That was my experience.

    I NEVER REUSE AN OEM COUPLER. If I remove it from the intermediate shaft or crank I always install a new one, unless its a billet one.

    If you have a 1200. Protec should have some billet couplers in stock.

    Fercho

    in
    Quote Originally Posted by team11haro View Post
    ok well some how ive managed to strip all the threads off of the coupler that threads to the intermediate shaft.



    is this a common problem?
    do i want to just put a stock coupler on it?
    whats the best fix?

    thanks
    chris

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kokomo, In
    Posts
    73
    thanks for the info guys

    i just ordered the stocker picked it up yesterday going to get it back on the water tommrow...


    chris

  6. #6
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Fercho View Post
    It happen to me a couple of years ago. Not a good felling being at the middle of the lake with a ski idling an no cooling water running thru the engine. That was my experience.

    I NEVER REUSE AN OEM COUPLER. If I remove it from the intermediate shaft or crank I always install a new one, unless its a billet one.

    If you have a 1200. Protec should have some billet couplers in stock.

    Fercho

    in
    Oh, so thats why you have like 4 new couplers on the shelf.
    Last edited by WFO; 04-14-2007 at 11:17 AM.

  7. #7
    Moderator OsideBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,875
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by team11haro View Post
    yes i called jim today also he said the same thing...he said he had never seen one do that before...

    i guess im just the odd ball

    figures i ordered the shaft and bearring and seals to put the new inter shaft in....guess i will just be hanging on to those parts untill it goes....


    anyone need a shaft and berring and seals for the housing?
    What year is the shaft? I need one if it is 2002 or newer

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Oh, so thats why you have like 4 new couplers on the shelf.
    Exactly!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rubber exhaust coupler slipping off
    By Robfromga in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 08:43 PM
  2. WTB GPR speedo block off
    By Altezza01 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 12:06 PM
  3. Yamaha gpr pissing me off, help!!!!!!
    By honestblades in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 08:15 AM
  4. RPM coupler setscrew heads are stripped and I need to get this cylinder off ASAP HELP
    By ProXR 440 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 01:20 PM
  5. GPR Engine Coupler Removal
    By IrishGpr05 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 05:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •