Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

what kind of trickle charger?

I've done some searching and can't come up with a good answer. I'm Looking for a decent trickle charger for my '14 GTI SE 130. Basically looking for a brand or what most people would suggest. Also, take the battery out of the ski, or leave it in? The ski is in the garage for winter, but is it alright to charge it with the battery still sitting in the mount, leads disconnected, of course.

Thank you!

+1
    Battery Tender

I've went with the ctek it's an awesome bit of kit!

5. +1 by:

+1

+1
    damn-- that 1 looks bad ass. I use the Deltran 800 and they have worked perfectly for the seadoos. Here is a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deltran-12V-...item2a3027fdef

The best option; no battery tender. Just disconnect the battery, hit it with a regular charger once every other month. This is the best strategy for long battery life.

9. +1 by:

jim

+1
    Why disconnect wires? The battery tender won't get over the voltage that the normal charging system puts out to do any harm right?

+1
    i use a tender jr with the ring terminals. i did not like how you had to take the panels off to get to the battery so when i replaced the stock battery i added the ring terminals. there is a small hole dead center of the panels at the bottom that you can slide the rings through one at a time. makes it so the connection is in the storage bay. pop the hood and plug it in. easy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    The best option; no battery tender. Just disconnect the battery, hit it with a regular charger once every other month. This is the best strategy for long battery life.
    I agree with this statement, except I like to use my deltran to charge the batterys. I have had a few customers leave their trickle chargers on their skis over the winter to find they need a new battery when they were ready to ride again-- I think the float mode voltage is set a little too high and the batteries are being cooked. A typical stock Yuasa 30 series battery will last 7-8 if taken care of as sea dood describes, yet I here of quite a few guys that use maintainers and get 2-3 out of the same battery.

There is very little draw on a stock 4 stroke seadoo from 2004 and newer. I forgot to disconnect 1 of my ski's batteries last fall and I was SHOCKED to find that the battery still had enough power to start the ski 6 months later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information