+1

Too MUCH Marine STA-BIL???

Hey guys, quick question. I had put Marine Stabil in my tank (2014 FXSHO) and then topped it off and ran it to get everything through the system. Everything good, right..lol Well, I had put the required 10hrs on it and so I decided to take it to dealer and have its 10hr initial service performed along with winterizing. I had told them at drop off it had Marine Stabil added to gas already. Well when i went to pick it up, I looked at receipt and there it was, they added Stabil. So, since I added the correct amount of Marine Stabil and then they added the same on top of mine, should I be concerned come summer or will it be alright to run it out. i have read some and it seems it will not up the octane to much to cause harm. Just trying to figure this out. Thanks...

It's fine, I personally hate keeping any gas in it over the winter. I siphon my tank dry every year.

+1
    The Stabil Marine bottle says extra will not harm anything, as a matter of fact I believe both types have listed heavier doses for longer term storage.

+1
    In my boat I always put enough in each tank to treat a full tank (80 gallons per tank) but usually only have 25-40 gallons in each during winterization. Never one problem. In fact had a buddy last year end up with bad gas the first trip of season and we filled up together. I guess with the high dosage of the stabil mine dodged the bullet. Performed flawless whole weekend. Your good!

+1
    Yes, I had already put the "Long Storage" requirements in it. So it had a good amount prior to the dealer adding there amount.

+1
    Really no problem. But for my 2 cents, I prefer to nearly run out the fuel & then whatever is left just add a small dose of sta-bil, then I found it is pretty easy to just stick the siphon hose in and drain the tank to empty .... then when I put new gas @ the beginning of the season I am sure of it's quality

Thread Information