Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: insurance

+1

insurance

Have a 2014 Rxp x 260 on its way from the dealer, this is the first ski that i am purchasing and have been thinking about insuring it. curious what you guys all do with insurance. liability only/full coverage/no insurance? If you are insured what company are you using and how were they through any claims if any? debating whether its worth it or not

+1
    Progressive seems to be a favorite choice of many for watercraft. They usually have the best price and you can dial in the details on the types and amounts of insurance right on their website and get quotes for your selections.

+1
    A few random thoughts from an agent:

What's your financial situation regarding damage all the way to a total loss? When you decide not to insure an asset, you're making a declaration that you can afford the hit - be it repairs only or a total loss, without facing any financial hardship.

Do you have any other assets worth "protecting? Are you in a position to afford any liability issues that may arise from injury to person or property that comes about due to operation of your ski (by you or anyone else)?

The above two points are generally the first things I'd consider when it comes to weighing the costs and benefits of buying insurance. If you're on the fence, and if the following apply, first check with your homeowner's policy to see if there is any type of coverage regarding a ski purchase (say like in the event of fire/storm/wind damage and the ski is garaged). Next, check with your vehicle policy to see what would be covered in the event of a loss while the ski was being towed. Finally, check with your local agent and get a quick quote - it usually takes only a few minutes. If you decide to go forward, pick the policy apart - if you mod, for example, you may want to verify whether or not such mods or covered.

Again, these are just a few thoughts, and I certainly don't expect you to answer any of the above on the open forum. Best of luck w/your decision.
    Last edited by 83Gator; 11-24-2014 at 08:49 PM.

+1
    thanks for the replies on this, i talked to njm about towing it and its covered if anything hapens while in transit. i guess it makes sense to insure it being that you gotta be rolling in it to not care about a 14,000 dollar ski getting totalled and waved goodbye with no restitution. gonna keep looking into this

+1
    My insurance company Allstate only offered full coverage it was only $180 a year well worth the piece of mind that includes the trailer.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    If you are a vet check into USAA.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    If you are a vet check into USAA.
    I did! And USAA doesn't actually provide insurance for PWC, but they link you to their partner: Geico/Seaworthy. And that's what I got.
    Last edited by DrivingZiggy; 11-23-2014 at 05:35 PM.

+1
    I have Seaworthy and they are a partner of Geico. I did not know they are also a partner of Progressive. Progressive was 3x the price of Seaworthy.

+1
    I think you'd have to be nuts not to have liability insurance especially in the USA.

10. +1 by:

@JC

+1
    I used American Family ... the total comprehensive insurance on $5K was only $85 year ... so most likely on fourteen should be around $240 IMO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information