Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Winter 2014 Plans?

Hey guys, now that winter is here and i doubt anyone will still ride, figured id post up a thread for winter plans and talk amongst us Canadian's eh?

+1
    I'll start, put my baby away 2 weeks ago officially winterized and all. First season out on the waters of trent severn, i put 33 hrs on my 13 Px' i bought off current in May/14. She was a blast and already miss riding her.

plans: debating on an exhaust, dont wanna void my warranty! -__-, but id love some toughts? I'm think Riva, don't want it too loud, just more aggressive . anyways post up if you got plans and wanna share, or just ideas for next season!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp_ski View Post
    I'll start, put my baby away 2 weeks ago officially winterized and all. First season out on the waters of trent severn, i put 33 hrs on my 13 Px' i bought off current in May/14. She was a blast and already miss riding her.

plans: debating on an exhaust, dont wanna void my warranty! -__-, but id love some toughts? I'm think Riva, don't want it too loud, just more aggressive . anyways post up if you got plans and wanna share, or just ideas for next season!
    Where are you in Buckhorn? Greenbullet and I ride on Chemong, buckhorn and Pigeon.

+1
    Planning on relocating my battery, electronics and a thru hull exhaust.

+1
    General maintenance items:
    - Rebuild supercharger.
    - New steering cable.
    - New fuel filters in the sender unit.
    - Check pump bearings.

I might try an external intercooler and 4" intake.

I'm on the west coast just south of Vancouver, last ride was Nov 10th and we are can be out early to mid April depending on weather.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post

Where are you in Buckhorn? Greenbullet and I ride on Chemong, buckhorn and Pigeon.
    I'm right after buckhorn narrows, closer to marina. i ride all over buckhorn, pegion and chemong.
    I've yet to meet greenbullet and ride, planning on it next summer 100%, wanna see the orange beast

7. +1 by:

+1
    Well since we are talking about it! Put on 66 hours on the machine this summer stock. Riva speed bypass is waiting to go on, Ride plate, Intake grate and pump seal kit on order. Possibly surge/blow off valve as well.

Oh and need some ideas on mounting locations for Garmin GPSMAP 78. Probably on the handle bars but looking for ideas anywhere up front really. Nothing permanent as we like to jump waves on Lake Ontario and wouldn't want a GPS holder in the face when I come in for a landing lol.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogzilla View Post
    Well since we are talking about it! Put on 66 hours on the machine this summer stock. Riva speed bypass is waiting to go on, Ride plate, Intake grate and pump seal kit on order. Possibly surge/blow off valve as well.

Oh and need some ideas on mounting locations for Garmin GPSMAP 78. Probably on the handle bars but looking for ideas anywhere up front really. Nothing permanent as we like to jump waves on Lake Ontario and wouldn't want a GPS holder in the face when I come in for a landing lol.
    Mix and match Ram mounts to find something that will work. I mounted and wired a Garmin montana 600 last year and it works amazingly well. I was given the bluecharts for the area (HXCA015R) as a gift after already having it, so if you need the local bluecharts let me know. I haven't sold it because quite frankly all garmin bluechart sd cards look counterfeit as they're just generic sd cards with a label maker label on them.

Having lived with my GPS setup for a summer now I'd try to mount it forward of the steering so you can minimize the upwards angle. At certain angles depending on the lighting they become difficult to read.

+1

I'm right after buckhorn narrows, closer to marina. i ride all over buckhorn, pegion and chemong.
    I've yet to meet greenbullet and ride, planning on it next summer 100%, wanna see the orange beast
    I'm surprised we haven't run into each other. I'm on Harrington's Narrows. We ride to Mainstreet Landing in Buckhorn every Sunday morning for breakfast.

+1

I'm surprised we haven't run into each other. I'm on Harrington's Narrows. We ride to Mainstreet Landing in Buckhorn every Sunday morning for breakfast.
    No way, I've seen your ski, beached on the small sand gap, outside the landing, between the restaurant and the convenience store!, next summer, riding for sure! looking forward to it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information