Can the engine hour meter be reset?

I have two 2008 RXP-X's. One cosmetically is in mint condition, still looks like new. The other only has 20 hours on the engine but the hull is not in that great of shape. I want to just swap the engines from each one in to the other. That way I can keep the one with the mint hull and have the low hour engine. Can the dealer change the hour meters in the ECU and the gauge cluster so it reflects the new hour amounts from the engine swap? Any help is appreciated.

+1
    Just swap the clusters. You won't have to go to the dealer at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanw80 View Post
    I have two 2008 RXP-X's. One cosmetically is in mint condition, still looks like new. The other only has 20 hours on the engine but the hull is not in that great of shape. I want to just swap the engines from each one in to the other. That way I can keep the one with the mint hull and have the low hour engine. Can the dealer change the hour meters in the ECU and the gauge cluster so it reflects the new hour amounts from the engine swap? Any help is appreciated.

I want the ECU and cluster to match. I will be selling the other RXP-X so if the new owner takes it to the dealer I want it to show the samel hours on the ECU and the cluster?

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post

+1
    Yes, you are already swapping the engine with the ECU attached, correct? Keep the ECU bolted to the 20 hour motor and swap the 20 hour cluster to the new hull with it.

I want the ECU and cluster to match. I will be selling the other RXP-X so if the new owner takes it to the dealer I want it to show the samel hours on the ECU and the cluster?

Then won't the VIN's in the ECU and the hull's no longer match?

Yes, you are already swapping the engine with the ECU attached, correct? Keep the ECU bolted to the 20 hour motor and swap the 20 hour cluster to the new hull with it.

Thread Information