Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: bilge sticks on

  1. #1
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17

    bilge sticks on

    Putting this out there for some ideas please guys
    2009 FZS after stopping the bilge stays on untill battery is flat unless battery disconnected, the clocks are not active while it's running.
    thought it might of been my re flash but R&D say it's not triggered from ECU so im left guessing and looking for advice,
    not a big problem because I will switch it if I can't find problem
    no other problems with ski
    thanks Paul


  2. #2
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    not sure about the 09, but the '11 model controlled by the same circuit as the dash, when the dash goes to sleep, so does the bilge pump, and i'm pretty sure its ECU controlled

  3. #3
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    Putting this out there for some ideas please guys
    2009 FZS after stopping the bilge stays on untill battery is flat unless battery disconnected, the clocks are not active while it's running.
    thought it might of been my re flash but R&D say it's not triggered from ECU so im left guessing and looking for advice,
    not a big problem because I will switch it if I can't find problem
    no other problems with ski
    thanks Paul
    sounds like you might have a relay that is stuck. while it is acting up remove rear electrical cover and on top you will see 2 relays looking towards the back of the ski try unplugging the right one first and see if the bilge goes off.
    Last edited by JIM'S PERFORMANCE; 11-20-2014 at 07:38 AM.

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    Thanks Jim spot on ! It's the right hand one,
    will swap out asap
    many thanks

  6. #5
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    Thanks Jim spot on ! It's the right hand one,
    will swap out asap
    many thanks
    glad it worked out.

  7. #6
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    On Steve's the engine stops with bilge running, clock switch off then 30 odd seconds later you feel the right hand relay pull out the bilge....
    will have a look round and cross refrence that relay to source one..

    thanks for replys guys ��

  8. #7
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    On Steve's the engine stops with bilge running, clock switch off then 30 odd seconds later you feel the right hand relay pull out the bilge....
    will have a look round and cross refrence that relay to source one..

    thanks for replys guys ��
    there is more than one circuit controlled in each relay.
    Last edited by JIM'S PERFORMANCE; 11-22-2014 at 07:54 AM.

  9. #8
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    On Steve's the engine stops with bilge running, clock switch off then 30 odd seconds later you feel the right hand relay pull out the bilge....
    will have a look round and cross refrence that relay to source one..

    thanks for replys guys ��
    there is more than one circuit controlled in each relay.
    Will have a look and get back to you !
    Again thanks Jim

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bilge system on 1995 slx780
    By ercoach in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 12:44 AM
  2. Stick-on car bra
    By lafjax in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 07:11 PM
  3. help me how to install bilge pump on gp1200r-02
    By uziwork in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 10:01 AM
  4. Electric Bilge Pump on U 250X
    By earthshaker in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 02:58 PM
  5. Bilge Pump on RXP
    By WATER BONER in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •