+1

Coolant Flush on a Sea-Doo GTR 215 4-Tec

If you've reached 2 years or 200 hours since your last coolant flush, it's time to get on it. This how-to video provides step by step instructions replacing the coolant in your jet ski, so you can ride with confidence once again!

If you like our videos, please Subscribe!

Banned User
    +1
    Great job and thanks for the video. I just recently replaced the coolant in my ride, a few weeks back. I lift the front way up high, drained from rear plug with reserve tank cap off, temporary installed the drain screw, filled her up with premixed 50/50 antifreeze, remove the drain screw to let air bubbles out(perhaps a quart or so), installed the drain screw when no more air bubbles are visible, topped her up to normal levels in the reserve bottle. Its the first change so no flushing as it looked very clean and the air bubble removal provides some flushing with fresh 50/50. Just remember to bring along a liter or so for the first ride to top it up. I'm not keen on running it so long for the thermostat to open, concerned about the carbon ring.
    Last edited by JeffStalone; 11-21-2014 at 01:45 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffStalone View Post
    Great job and thanks for the video. I just recently replaced the coolant in my ride, a few weeks back. I lift the front way up high, drained from rear plug with reserve tank cap off, temporary installed the drain screw, filled her up with premixed 50/50 antifreeze, remove the drain screw to let air bubbles out(perhaps a quart or so), installed the drain screw when no more air bubbles are visible, topped her up to normal levels in the reserve bottle. Its the first change so no flushing as it looked very clean and the air bubble removal provides some flushing with fresh 50/50. Just remember to bring along a liter or so for the first ride to top it up. I'm not keen on running it so long for the thermostat to open, concerned about the carbon ring.
    Good advice and thanks for commenting! Chris wanted me to mention bringing a litre of 50/50 premix along during the first ride in case it burps up, but I insisted on sticking to the service manual. You are right, though; I also worry about the carbon ring.

Thread Information