Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    200
    +1
    13

    Would you put this WEAR RING in your ride?

    I don't know... Seller is saying very good quality and heavy duty.. But there is not 1 feedback for this item...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/281494841226...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

    Would you buy it??


  2. #2
    rangermtb5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    4,473
    +1
    58


  3. #3
    dpracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,244
    +1
    246
    Oem

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4
    tweeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver NC
    Posts
    706
    +1
    45
    the clearance is terrible, your better off with a worn out OEM one

  6. +1 by:


  7. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    200
    +1
    13
    Would a stainless steel wear ring cause damage to the impeller if there is nothing to give out like the plastic ring incase it swallows items not grindable? Or is it the same give and take on either end?

  8. #6
    carlosdelgado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West palm beach,FL
    Posts
    1,441
    +1
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffStalone View Post
    Would a stainless steel wear ring cause damage to the impeller if there is nothing to give out like the plastic ring incase it swallows items not grindable? Or is it the same give and take on either end?
    I would go with the OEM wear rings. AND no, I would not recommend stainless wear rings. Its cheaper to replace the plastic wear rings instead of the prop. specially if the pump has some play in it.

  9. #7
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    I would get this one It's not only factory Original, but it bought through the forum and if You have a Issue Our need Assistance .....


    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=518

  10. #8
    Eastside Powersports Slow 91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    4,248
    +1
    544
    All of my skis and my boat run the stainless steel wear ring for what it's worth. Zero issues going on the 3rd season

  11. #9
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    200
    +1
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdelgado View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffStalone View Post
    Would a stainless steel wear ring cause damage to the impeller if there is nothing to give out like the plastic ring incase it swallows items not grindable? Or is it the same give and take on either end?
    I would go with the OEM wear rings. AND no, I would not recommend stainless wear rings. Its cheaper to replace the plastic wear rings instead of the prop. specially if the pump has some play in it.
    Yeah, I'm going to stick to the OEM plastic. Installing a brand new Solas Concord Impeller with a new wear ring while its stripped apart. I would rather have some give in the plastic ring, rather then the expensive impeller.

  12. #10
    krouchchocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,224
    +1
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    All of my skis and my boat run the stainless steel wear ring for what it's worth. Zero issues going on the 3rd season
    +1. It also helped reduce my cavitation a little bit.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How would you flush a saltwater ski in this situation?
    By VIPNiSS in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2015, 08:16 AM
  2. is this wear ring any good? would you trust it?
    By wcmateiuc in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 02:26 PM
  3. This would tear up a wear ring...
    By Danny in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 12:23 PM
  4. Stainless wear ring in plastic pump
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 08:00 AM
  5. For those of you looking to put a bilge pump in your Ski....
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 12:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •